London SE1 community website

Interesting talk just over in SE16:

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 31 December 2011 2.11pm
Blue Anchor Library hosts a group called the 'First Tuesday Club', which is a meeting group for mainly senior citizens, but is open to any age group.

The next meeting is this coming Tuesday, 3rd January 2012, & it is from 10.30am to 12 noon.

We try to have a guest speaker each month, & this one we are lucky to a talk & slide show called 'Piers of the Realm', by Mr. Anthony Wills, who is a former chairman of the National Piers Society, which has it's own website at www.piers.org.uk

We have about a dozen people attending, & he doesn't usually talk to such a small group, so this is simply a very late plea for anyone who likes history & structures like good old seaside piers, to come along, if retired, not back at work, or not in work at all, & you might want something to do for a couple of hours. And making his visit worthwhile. I am sure some of you will find it interesting, & if you can't make it feel free to bring it to the attention of anyone who you think may be interested.

As I say, it's FREE & there are tea & biscuits also FREE at 'half time'.

We are Blue Anchor Library, Market Place, Bermondsey, SE16 3UQ.

Buses P12; 1 & 381 go past, along Southwark Park Road; Market Place is opposite Iceland.

Apologies for the short notice, I have literally only just thought of posting about it on here.
Monday 2 January 2012 2.48pm
Hi Dulwich Mishi

We have a small but growing website for SE16 at http://www.se16.com

Please do send us details of similar future events by email to se16events@banksidepress.com and we'll be glad to include them.

We do a weekly email all about SE16 events: see http://www.se16.com/newsletter to read past editions and/or subscribe.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 3 January 2012 2.21pm
Ooh, I didn't know that you were expanding, James. Good luck with the new venture.

I'll send the link to our Country Mouse friends living out in the sticks ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 21 January 2012 10.13am
Hi all,

you could also advertise on www.southeastcentralco.uk. It mainly covers se4-se23 tho Dulwich and Bermondsey don't have their own area forums just yet as it's still in its first year. It is very Southwark and Lewisham heavy tho.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions