London SE1 community website

Modern day manners..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Sunday 16 June 2013 9.53am
Oh dear Nomad, how terrible, I am a pacifist and laid back to the point of apathy but I would have been tempted to slap her! I am sorry for your families loss.

What is it in this modern society that makes everyone a reporter? If this person attended the Funeral there would have been photos posted without any ones permission..
Sunday 16 June 2013 4.02pm
I'm currently working at Greenwich hospital and the grounds are quite big with buildings seperate from eachother so when we complete a job the next one could be a good walk away,my "partner"is on the phone at every given opportunity,when we finish a job he is on the phone until we've completed the (very slow) walk to the next one and i'm walking beside him whistling to myself and facing the sky.
As my daughter would say......"RUDE"
Tuesday 18 June 2013 5.54am
I honestly think it is an addiction..perhaps we could start a 'leave your gadget at home day'! people would have to converse with each other and perhaps their fone thumbs would not ache so much! your daughters right..RUDE...
Thursday 4 July 2013 9.13am
Three cheers for the assistant in Sainsburys...who refused to serve a customer chatting away on a phone. I have a young friend who phones me up and during her walk to shop and while being served continues the conversation and has even put the phone on the counter while she talks to me as she is packing! I hang up..
Sunday 7 July 2013 9.30am
My wife bought me my first mobile about 4 years ago. Six months later we were talking and I mentioned she was the only one who phoned me. She asked me who I had given my number to. I had no idea what the number was let alone give it to someone else.

I now have one of those smart phones, but the screen is too small to read, accessing my email to get an address filled my contacts with every email contact I've had in ten years, so finding phone numbers is murder.

I've told my wife I'm thinking of getting a 1st fone https://www.myownfone.com/ I think I cope with one of these. No text, no internet, no answer phone, just simple buttons with names on to call who I want to talk to. I don't think she took me seriously though.
Sunday 7 July 2013 2.15pm
A few years back whilst in hospital a nurse knocked milk over my phone on the side, it had taken me a year to find out what button did what, with the speed of light she took off the back and wiped it and shot away, leaving me still hooked up to a drip and unable to use my onehanded strength to undo it and let it dry properly. When I came out I went to a phone shop bought a simple Nokia phone on sale for 7.95, clear script and easy to use.
When I left my phone at my daughters I went down to phone shop and asked for idiotproof phone, I had to take it back because because I could barely see it! Understand how you feel dgeorgea and will follow that link in case anything else happens to humble old nokia!
Sunday 7 July 2013 10.27pm
I can honestly say I am sick and tired of people who have a phone seemingly glued to their ear when walking down any road - no spatial awareness whatsoever - I have to walk around or past them even stepping in to the road, because they are too busy saying nothing like "I'm walking down Bermondsey Street now" there is no respect anymore, I love technology but it seems we have not educated people how to use technology with respect for others.
Tuesday 27 August 2013 11.04pm
Some poor doctors worked long hours without break just to see all their patients on the ward. Some patients left these doctors waiting in front of them whilst they continue their long conversation on the phone.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 11.40am
Bit off the point but it tickled me..

I decided to treat mtself to one of those sirloin steak baps at Borough market the weekend,young cockney kid serving asked me "would you like hunions with that sir"

(i'm still chewing now)
Wednesday 18 September 2013 12.23pm
'ope you sed...yeahhh.....:-)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions