London SE1 community website

Modern day manners..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Wednesday 18 September 2013 2.07pm
Thing is Jan,when he realised he was talking to someone that spoke like himself,he turned into Arthur Mullard.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 2.25pm
Ugh, young moms and their phones... It's not even just them though, I've seen several older dads busily talking into their Blackberry (back when then were business phones...) with a kind walking beside them being completely ignored. Makes me sad really, poor kid.
Thursday 14 November 2013 1.16pm
In work this morning there was a lot going on and I was a bit flustered,we hadn't had a break all night/ morning so I decided to grab a quick coffee,I took the cup from the machine and said "thankyou",now that's modern!
Friday 15 November 2013 10.39am
Thats lovely...your Mum would be proud that you have such good manners!
Friday 22 November 2013 12.51pm
Cheers Jan,the coffee machine seemed unimpressed though lol.
Saturday 28 June 2014 3.59pm
This probably doesn't belong here but....

My daughter came back from holiday today and told us this story.
Two little girls had made friends and were in the paddling pool together, one was holding herself, the way kids do when they want to go for a pee, she whispers into her friends ear and her friend bellows out so it echoed around the pool area "do it in 'ere!"

My daughter said her mum put her head in her hands.
Sunday 29 June 2014 9.22am
lovely....when you gotta go..you gotta go! at least it was a pee not a poo!
Monday 30 June 2014 9.11am
Playing games!? that a bit bizarre. If they were texting and messaging and stuff, it would still be rude, but not so unexpected. But playing games!? what are they 13??
Thursday 2 October 2014 4.04pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Absolutely Jan. My husband was giving a lecture and I was sitting at the back and all the students were cruising their mobiles...I was shocked. Goodness knows why the schools dont have rules regarding mobiles...extraordinary.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions