London SE1 community website

gay southbank

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12
Thursday 16 October 2003 11.23am
Me neither, but I'm starting to think it's the best way to meet people. I really don't don't like those places and am looking for an alternative.
Thursday 16 October 2003 11.31am

Well, perhaps we could set up an SE1 gay group or something.

I know what you mean about the scene - I just find it way too confusing and you meet so many shallow people out there only looking after number 1.

It can be fun sometimes and yep it probably is the best way to meet people but it's a pity that there aren't that many alternatives.

Dan
Thursday 16 October 2003 12.09pm
I'd be up for something like that. There's so many great places to go out in SE1 without limiting to the few gay bars.
Thursday 16 October 2003 2.32pm
Shall we try and organise something... a get-together?
Thursday 16 October 2003 3.50pm
yeah why not arrange a nite at a pub on the river. or even take over the bar in festival hall or BFI. ideas for venues?
mup [email protected]
Thursday 16 October 2003 4.29pm
The Royal festival Hall would be good as there is plenty of space. The BFI is a little crammed what with the refurbs etc.

When would be good for people to meet?
Thursday 16 October 2003 5.58pm
Hi, I'm the guy who responded to the first posting, sadly no great romance came out of it, some emails, online chatting etc. Seemed like a nice guy though.
I'd like to meet some local gay guys, I'll keep an eye on the posting.
Daragh
Thursday 16 October 2003 9.55pm
sorry we havent got round to catching up daragh! I havnt been around much last few weeks! be good to meet up still!
Friday 17 October 2003 7.43am
Do you guys all still want to do a social get-together?
It would be good if we could set something up away from the scene.
Friday 17 October 2003 9.21am
Sounds like a great idea. But can I subtly suggest that we post something about who we are - like a short personal profile? I mean, without sounding arrogant, it would be nice to see who is posting messages and hopefully, who we will be meeting -

p.s I'm still looking for a gym dude though - if anyones interested? But please dont think im one of these people who goes to clubs just to show off my pecs... cos im not!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions