London SE1 community website

Calling all cider-heads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 9 February 2004 2.28pm
Oh, and well done on getting this thread up to the top of the board, in spite of the fact that the Chatter thread is strictly only for teen-style "flirting"

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 9 February 2004 6.05pm
obviously, it didn't last long.

Tuesday 10 February 2004 9.11am
Cider-heads, with you in mind, I went into a pub in the Forest of Dean on the weekend and asked for a pint of Bulmer's Traditional. Unfortunately, they didn't sell it - but they did have Thatcher's Traditional and Thatcher's Heritage on tap, both at 1.40 a pint. They also had draught GL (Gloucester Lager as it was called by the barmaid) and a ridiculously strong brew called Black Rat. Incidentally, they also have Kriek on tap from time to time and they've even had draught Frambois, I've not seen this in London, so was somewhat surprised to see it in a Forest pub.
Ivanhoe, I'm disappointed you haven't remarked on my lovely eyes...........................
Tuesday 10 February 2004 12.42pm
LOL!!!

I would have said something Alan, but [blushes fetchingly] I'm a bit shy with strangers

Wednesday 11 February 2004 6.26pm
I thought Harriet's eyes were nicer than Alan's. But I might be jumping to too many conclusions here...
Wednesday 11 February 2004 11.21pm
Ahhh, such a pity to miss tonight's event in the Royal OAK....the Tabard st one , I suppose. I was there last night (for some teen -style flirting with a confirmed bachelor).

Great pub. I was unaware they do cider. Please give us an update.
Kevin

Kevin
Thursday 12 February 2004 9.50am
True, ordinarily my eyes look like fried eggs, but after last night they look more like p*** holes in the snow. Good to see Harry and Bobby de Niro last night, as for the rest.........You know I'm not defined by what I drink, you are all very welcome to join us, maybe next time?
Thursday 12 February 2004 10.19am
Alan,

Glad you had a good time, and found how to change names. I was with you in spirit, but at work in body.

Hope Bobby D was well. Is he enjoying life in the Jam Factory??

Saturday 14 February 2004 9.36am
Did you know that the Charlie Chaplin has got draught Woodpecker?

Ignorance is bliss
Saturday 14 February 2004 10.56am
Draught Woodpecker. An oddity, I agree, but IMO it can keep it

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions