London SE1 community website

Calling all cider-heads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Sunday 7 March 2004 5.52pm
Thanks, though seems at odds with the references to lovely eyes. Yours, Harriets, Mapmakers, Ivanhoes........I don't know. The post-teen flirting of the cider drinkers.

Does it happen in the Royal Oak as well as on screen. If so sounds like fun. Ages since I have witnessed much flirting of any kind.
Monday 8 March 2004 9.42am
I'm fine without a bag Alan. I was just a bit worried about seeing (not meeting, just seeing) mapmaker at one time because someone suggested that we were the same person and I wanted to avoid the consequences of seeing my doppelganger.

I'll be there as me. 30's. Short dark hair. Drinking cider. Will carry rolled up copy of FT, or adopt other identifying tactic, as instructed.

[Mrs I very keen to join us later, but close friends' new baby might interfere. I'm allergic to babies, and so will make do with wetting its head from a distance with cider]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 6.36pm
I'd like to come along tomorrow, if I may - I fancy having my tastebuds educated. Never made it to Simon the Tanner the other day. In absence of paper bags, could you specify an identifying tactic please, Ivan or Alan? Is it to be FT or what? Rolled up 'inSE1' would be more locally patriotic.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 6.45pm
Quite right too! Thank you TUMJ :-)

[message edited]
Tuesday 9 March 2004 6.53pm
you should all wear merkins on your lapels ( if you have one) lapels that is!

jan
Tuesday 9 March 2004 6.59pm
James-

mind your Lady's and your Unladylike's - or that jo-jo will be on to me again!

-TUMJ
Tuesday 9 March 2004 7.03pm
Apologies! Message now edited
Tuesday 9 March 2004 7.06pm
Forgiven!
Tuesday 9 March 2004 8.28pm
I'd always assumed Ivanhoe and Jan were one and the same........

Do they make merkins for chins? Or do you have to adapt. Actually - and a point not covered in Jan's record breaking thread - are merkins unisex, do they come in different sizes and is the label at the back? Anyway will look for the man with the FT......and a chin wig. Or was that the Mrs.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 8.56am
Alas poor Ivanhoe!..lmao...any resemblance between Ivanhoe and my old self is purely coincidental....unless he too weighs seventeen stone, walks with the aid of a cane and has dodgey dyed red hair ( depending how the light hits it...) .may try to finish work early, visit Don and amble down to the Oak, just to vindicate poor Ivanhoe!

Sarah your right I had not thought of the unisex aspect...interesting thought, I suppose the male ego being what it is, it would have to enhance their ' finer ' features.. the smaller the appendage the smaller and smoother the surrounding merkin..?

jan
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions