London SE1 community website

Calling all cider-heads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Wednesday 10 March 2004 12.23pm
Well, I'll be there dressed as Moose Molloy and clutching a copy of Celebrity Bee-keeper.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 12.44pm
Anyone who's coming tonight (and it would be great to meet the faces behind the posts)...

I'll be there at 8pm (or earlier if there's no food in the house - in which case I'll have a steak and kidney pudding shaped tummy and will be looking sheepishly at the huge mound of mash that I couldn't manage to eat).

I'll have a copy of the FT (For no reason other than that I just love the idea. No offence to SE1 - the paper - but somehow the FT seems to me to be the only paper to use when arranging secret-squirrel-type meetings), but I will probably be reading the Cheltenham Festival magazine (horses, not literature).

Oh, and I'll be clean shaven.

[Sarah - why did you assume Jan and I were the same person? So far, I've been accused of being mapmaker and Jan. Is it a common thing for people to have an alter ego? I can assure you - apart from a brief spell as carpmaker - I find it hard enough being myself.]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 12.55pm
OK, the FT it is.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 1.08pm
You can have something else if you like Alan. I'm only saying the FT because it fits with my own daft ideas of secret spy meetings and because I can see one from my desk that I should be able to appropriate on the way home.

See you later.

Wednesday 10 March 2004 1.18pm
Copy of Southwark Carers?....Ivanhoe I have always wanted a alter ego..I have a dopple ganger already I think - as I have been seen paralytic on the floor of many pubs apparently...lmao..really will try to lumber you young folks with my prescence...

jan
Thursday 11 March 2004 12.12am
Great disappointment. Ivanhoe has neither horns, fangs, nor was there any other visible mark of the beast on forehead or right hand.
[A hoof inspection could not be completed in the confined space]

On the other hand, Mrs I's luxuriant handlebar moustache excited loud shouts of approbation from the assembled party of revellers.

The cider flowed copiously, the Royal Oak does a damn fine steak and kidney pudding, and it was a pleasure to catch up with Sarah O'C and meet The Unladylike Ms. Jo, alan day et al.

Post edited (11 Mar 04 10:22)
Thursday 11 March 2004 12.28am
Yes, just got back, very enjoyable evening - except for Mrs. I's exceptionally bushy beard constantly getting dipped in my cider. Very easy to recognise everybody in the end, due to innovative use of merkins - well done! Thankyou all for making me laugh so much.

-TUMJ
Thursday 11 March 2004 9.56am
Great evening, but the cider is definintely off. (What other reason could there be for my head feeling so disconnected this morning?)

Well met everyone. It was worth giving away the secret that I don't eat children to meet such a nice bunch of people. Hope you all feel a bit better than I do this morning.

Thursday 11 March 2004 11.13am
Never mind the ciderhead, I'm wearing the morning-after-the-night-before-head today. An excellent evening, and next time I shall certainly be trying one of those fabulous looking steak and kidney puddings. Maybe Mrs. I could spare a few clippings from her luxurious full set, so as to enable us to fashion merkins?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions