London SE1 community website

Simon the Tanner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Friday 23 January 2004 1.03pm

I just wanted to say that I popped into the Simon the Tanner pub on Long Lane last night (now named Simons @ SE1). I didn't even know this place existed and it is a brilliant little pub.
Really cosy and the food looked great (and reasonably priced) - the friendly landlord even gave my a free plate of chips!!
Try it (and no - I haven't got anything to do with the pub!!)
Friday 23 January 2004 1.17pm
I have been past there on numerous occassion, but never been in - perhaps I'll try it at the weekend. Was it busy?
Friday 23 January 2004 1.21pm

Yeah fairly - good atmosphere, good music (Dusty Springfield last night), Betty Boop memorabilia everywhere and even the kama sutra in the toilets.
Give it a go.
Friday 23 January 2004 1.26pm
Dusty Springfield - now that alone is worth popping in for!
Friday 23 January 2004 2.02pm
Not that I care as it's such a good pub but is it a gay pub?
Friday 23 January 2004 2.04pm
Don't think so.... *Consults gay press* No - definitely not, but sounds good enough to be!
Friday 23 January 2004 2.10pm

I don't think so no.
I think the new landlord might be and the decor and music are probably reflections of his taste - but the clientele was very mixed last night, and there wasn't a rainbow in sight!!
Friday 23 January 2004 2.22pm
Is the landlord cute?

*Lowers Tone*
Friday 23 January 2004 2.26pm

Depends on your type (not mine)

Sorry JH - got a feeling you may get annoyed on this one and move it to chatter.
Friday 23 January 2004 2.37pm
<<Not that I care as it's such a good pub but is it a gay pub?>>

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

there's a whole world out there that I obviously have no understanding of at all

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions