London SE1 community website

Simon the Tanner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Friday 23 January 2004 2.38pm
Lol - ok, I will pop along for a look. At the pub that is...

Yes, sorry JH - I have turned this into mere chatter now :(
Friday 23 January 2004 2.48pm
The landlord does indeed have good taste - decor, food and whiskeys!

big thumbs up and they are very friendly
Friday 23 January 2004 3.52pm
All this talk of pubs has made me thirsty....
Saturday 24 January 2004 8.00am
Thanks for the recommedation for Simon @ SE1 - I went along last night for a perusal, and it was lovely. Great looking pub, excellent wines, and the staff are very friendly.

Also, seemed to be plenty of gay guys in there? Is this the new Gladstone? :)
S
Saturday 24 January 2004 3.59pm
It's not gay.

It can be a little camp.

It's a very friendly pub; the food's good; the atmosphere's intimate ...

... and for some infuriating, bizarre, stupid reason, it's not open at the weekends. It "gives it a go" sometimes, but its "giving it a go" is very half-hearted. For people to drink there at weekends, it needs to be open ALL weekend, EVERY weekend, for a prolonged period. Then it will find its weekend clientele. Come on, Simon, it's time for proper opening hours.

Rant over.

Good pub.

dee
Monday 26 January 2004 1.06pm
it is open on sundays now
Tuesday 27 January 2004 8.28am
The friendly landlord gave me a free glass of scotch. The scotch he gave me is no longer made and would have cost me 12 if I'd had to pay for it.
He must have fancied me... the poof ;-)
Tuesday 27 January 2004 9.42am
Hmph! I didn't even get the free bowl of fries.... I really should make more effort when going out I think!
Tuesday 27 January 2004 10.17am
Stopped in there last night. Nice and cosy it was. Beer was good. Kama Sutra entertaining (I'm pretty sure the first one is impossible though). Very friendly place all round. I shall be going there again. Food smelled fantastic too though I didn't see any.
Monday 2 February 2004 9.38am
Thought this place was open sundays? It certainly wasn't last night. What ARE the opening hours then?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions