London SE1 community website

father christmas....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 11 December 2014 7.00pm
My younger brother who could pass for Santa if he wore a red suit was propositioned yesterday morning at a railway station on the platform by a young lady...he said she was very pleasant and wanted to know if he would work for two hours on saturday at a christmas fete for little children..as a Santa!at a school! Now this young lady who was Polish was insistent he took her number even asking other people for a pen, I wonder if she thought about going to a Santa Agency and asking for someone who had passed all CRB checks, as well as ones for people working for children..scarey even if the pay was seventy pounds for 2 hours work, my lovely brother refused!
Monday 15 December 2014 9.46am
That really surprises me, surely they could ask someone else, one of the parents/grandparents even instead of asking a complete stranger on a railway platform.
Your brother did right to refuse, very strange.
Also, brilliant, your brother is Santa! :)
Monday 15 December 2014 9.49am
Ha, he could have been offended, after all Santa is quite...round?
But yes, a very odd thing to do.
Sunday 21 December 2014 3.47pm
He is very tall and has silver hair and a beard, if he was short he would be described as portly! He is the kindest man ever, I suppose a gentle bear is the best way to describe him! In the times we live in its a dangerous thing to approach a stranger and ask him to be in a school at a fete...

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions