London SE1 community website

Ciderdelica

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 19
Friday 7 May 2004 9.40pm
Willing to add 20 to your budget. This share will be in the name of the kids.

The idea is that they are younger than all of you so more likely to inherit this wonderful piece of heritage/equipment. That is once they have finished paying for your pensions.

Its very exciting. I hope we get it.
Monday 10 May 2004 7.24pm
Anybody tried Magner's Irish cider?
“The product is sold in pint bottles, served over the counter at pubs with a glass full of ice, with the hope of creating a whole new concept in cider drinking.” - This is from http://business.scotsman.com/agriculture.cfm?id=530822004
I had some in a pub in Lewisham a couple of months ago. I turned down the offer of ice, I don't think I'm ready for a whole new concept in cider drinking. I thought it was pretty average.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 8.21am
Agree re Magner's. Ordinary. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same cider that's been on offer in Irish pubs for yrs. I think the ice thing must be a "new brand proposition", dreamt up by someone who doesn't drink cider.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.13pm
I'm off to Bristol on the weekend and decided to ask the HannahMoreZider posse for tips on top cider-buying opportunities. Look what a nice bunch they are:

http://www.hannahmorezider.co.uk/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=522

Cider. Connecting people in gutters everywhere.

Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.32pm
Well I tried registrating myself and the bl**dy thing wouldn't work. I'm extremely disappointed to find that they don't talk about the problems they have in a south east London postal district on their cider site, not as good as ours eh?
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.35pm
(Not forgetting that this site is obviously mainly dedicated to cider) I do think it's good that we can discuss some other interests as well as cider. However, this post thing's dragging on a bit. I mean, has anyone actually lost any cider in the post??

Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.38pm
Exactly, and what's all this planning nonsense? I'm planning to go to Mr Chaucers lovely cider drinking room, applications welcome.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 2.58pm
Fraternal greetings to the Brethren at Hannah More Zider, it would seem that our cidery ramblings had come to their attention before Ivanhoe had been in touch with them.
Tuesday 11 May 2004 3.59pm
Are you really planning to go to Mr Chaucer's tonight?

I was trying to persuade Mrs I to take me there for me tea, and so I could ask the nice landlord if he's had time to think about whether he'd let us use his room for ciderdrinkingfundraisingcarousing. He said he'd think about it last week and let me know.

Tuesday 11 May 2004 4.28pm
I could do. Do you fancy a cider then?
Current: 11 of 19

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions