London SE1 community website

Ciderdelica

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 14 of 19
Thursday 13 May 2004 2.00pm
Especially Mapmaker, as he's never been to the Oak and seen their wondrous selection of beer. Everyone else welcome too.
Thursday 13 May 2004 2.20pm
*blush*
Thursday 13 May 2004 2.29pm
you'll be rosy cheeked after a few pints of Stowford Press, Mapmaker!

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 13 May 2004 3.37pm
It's nicer over in Chatter. One of the nasty boys on the other side of the msg board told me my willy was floppy and useless through drinking too much cider.

(Memo to self: how did he know??)

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 13 May 2004 3.55pm
Sorry, yes Tuesday. What was I thinking of, not even mentioning the day. By some process of advanced logic much too sophisticated for my little brain, you seemed to have worked that out for yourself.
Thursday 13 May 2004 4.01pm

can i come along (promise to be nice) ?
Thursday 13 May 2004 4.50pm
red bus, you'd be made very welcome, along with ANYONE else who wanted to come.
Thursday 13 May 2004 5.11pm
Yes. Please. The more people we get, the more fun we'll have, and the more cider we'll make.

It's really worth saying that I (who knows ever so little more than nothing about making cider) think that there's two (possibly three) main stages:

1) (if we say there's three parts) Making local contacts, getting all the right skills on board, and finding a good cause to donate a press to

2) pressing day. I'm a bit of a dreamer, but I imagine this as a massive all day party (with a bit of wholesome hard work that hopefully will be so much fun that it won't seem like work)

3) brewing, waiting, drinking

I think (and again, let's stress that I've read about 10 pages of an idiot's guide to cidermaking) that stage (2) will be the biggest and best part, and hopefully will be a lot of fun even if you don't like cider........

.......so rally round, good people of SE1. I'm sure there's fun to be had here, and it's anybody's cider who wants to get involved. (I also imagine that a day pressing apples would be great fun for energetic youngsters. It'd do yours good Sarah, to have a day off from the chimneys and coalmines, wouldn't it? ;0))
Jon
Thursday 13 May 2004 5.11pm
Tuesday, 6:30, Royal Oak, Tabrd st. ?? yes??

ok I'll be there from some time after 6:30.
Thursday 13 May 2004 5.25pm
Excellent Jon. I'll be there 6:30 to 7:30 (at which point I'll turn into someone who's a bit tipsy but trying hard to play bridge), but I'm sure Tharg, Ms Jo, and the rest of the scurvy crew will be waving their cutlasses and dancing the hornpipe until a little later than that.

[right pub, by the way. Tabard St]
Current: 14 of 19

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions