London SE1 community website

Ciderdelica

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 19
Wednesday 28 April 2004 9.51am
Are we still on for the Bridge House tonight?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 9.59am
I'll be there, I hope a few others may be tempted to attend: players of games or otherwise, those who have previously expressed an interest, cider drinkers, non cider drinkers, non drinkers, lovers of modern architecture, loathers of modern architecture, Jan Lane, James Hatts, hat, sailors, pirates, lurkers, postmen.....

Post edited (28 Apr 04 14:35)
Wednesday 28 April 2004 10.25am
Sorry. Cannot make tonight.

I'm joining a new gym and probably won't be able to walk after an hour or so.

Much like you guys, in fact.......... !!

Have a top 1 !
Wednesday 28 April 2004 3.52pm
I can't do picture links (someone take pity on me - I even looked up Kyliedog's recent post, but couldn't find the instructions), but you may like to see this message frmo our sponsors:

http://www.ryano.net/iraq/?77657

Post edited (28 Apr 04 16:57)

Wednesday 28 April 2004 4.53pm
I'll send them some of mine.
Thursday 29 April 2004 8.38am
Great to see so many cider drinkers last night. Mrs I said this morning that she thought they'd poisoned her pints. Mine were alright, but they did cause drowsiness this morning.

Thursday 29 April 2004 8.52am
Thought I'd check in to see the damage. No fighting? Disappointing.

"I knew I was cured"
Thursday 29 April 2004 9.03am
Oh dear, oh dear, that Aspalls is powerful stuff. I was stopped by the police on the way home for “behaving suspiciously”. If that means taking two paces forward, one pace backward, with the occasional lurch to the side, I was indeed behaving in a highly suspicious manner. It was nice to see everyone last night. I swear I saw Mapmaker and Ivanhoe Martin sitting side by side - but by then I was seeing two of everything anyway, so I'm still not sure they're different people. I do regret trying to lock that barmaid in the cupboard, as it would be nice to go back to The Bridgehouse again. I was highly entertained by the lady who, on being offered a pint of cider, declared:
“I'm not drinking that s***t, it f*****g stinks!”
And the chap who decided that, because we'd met through a web-site, we were “a bunch of f*****g sickos.”
I believe that cider making was discussed at one point, because I can vaguely remember Mapmaker suggesting that we commandeer somebody's small children and shove them up a tree to fetch the apples down - a splendid idea! This one of the things I shall hopefully discuss this weekend as I head back to Stanley Towers, as I'm due to go to Awre (pronounced Arr) to pick up a couple of crates of Severnsider Cider, and also pick up some tips on cider making from the producer.
Thursday 29 April 2004 9.33am
Was consumed in quantity last night.
Thursday 29 April 2004 12.47pm
Sounds like several of us were worse the wear, this morning, huh ?

Still.

Hey ! Great weather...... !
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 19

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions