London SE1 community website

Arsenal... Superb!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 15 May 2004 4.37pm
last game for this season...
arsenal is unbeatable, immortal...that's what a fan said
and a lot more words to describe the succes of this team as a champion and as the "breaker" of "more than a century unbreakable record of unbeaten"
and for me, well i only need few words.... Arsenal is Superb!

Sunday 16 May 2004 9.21am
Arsenal have to go 3 more matches before they beat Nottingham Forest's magnificent run from November 1978 to December 1979 of 42 matches unbeaten.

Oh, and when you have won TWO consecutive, back-to-back European Cups (let alone one!) then I think Arsenal could be mentioned in the same breath as Forest.

;-)

Monday 17 May 2004 8.28am
As an ardent ManU fan, I will just [through gritted teeth] say congrats - a truely magnificnet achievement.

Bring it on for next season, fellas !
Monday 17 May 2004 5.03pm
My own preference would be to keep this as a footie free zone, but shouldn't a true sarf Lunnen website be showing more visible signs of support for the Lions for next weekend.

Or is the Editor a secret Palace fan...

Post edited (17 May 04 18:04)
Monday 17 May 2004 5.45pm
I'll share this with you ahead of Saturday. My old boss came into work chuckling a couple of years ago, he had spotted this painted on a wall near Waterloo: COME ON YOU LOINS.
Monday 17 May 2004 7.22pm
Surely this is a South London Forum - those Arsenal people are from North of the River.

Stick to the local lads - come on Millwall!
Tuesday 18 May 2004 12.25am
A good mate of mine invited me to the final match on Saturday... he paid 600 for 2 tickets. ( gasp )

But it was a goosebump festival. Great atmosphere in the ground. Real sense of occasion walking home thru N1. ...where i used to live. It made me feel that London is a smaller place than the stats suggest.

And lets hope Milwall make Bermondsey a goosebump zone on saturday !

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions