London SE1 community website

Cider making in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 79
Thursday 17 June 2004 10.05am
Or use a telescope. Apparently they're excellent for picking up lovely laydeez

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 17 June 2004 11.00am
shrivelled up & dry?
Thursday 17 June 2004 11.57am
Yes, I am a bit. I think it's this hot spell.

Thursday 17 June 2004 2.32pm
So's mine.
Thursday 17 June 2004 3.46pm
Ivanhoe, you were told quite firmly what causes this, in the SE1 forum. You obviously haven't been listening to their advice.
Friday 18 June 2004 8.00am
I've forgotten.

{edited to say} No. I remember now. Cider makes me go floppy and causes me to have insufficient quantities of "it".

Buggar.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 June 2004 8.11am by Ivanhoe.
Friday 18 June 2004 10.54am
Not cider per se, but too much cider. So with a little bit of occasional abstemiousness you should be OK. Anyway it doesn't sound anything like as bad as Tharg's 'spotty yams'. I do hope he's better now.
Friday 18 June 2004 11.27am
could have been a reaction to something that pigeon did all over his washing on his balcony (something very funny he told us at a SE1der making meeting).
Friday 18 June 2004 11.57am
My yams aren't very good today, the rest of the groceries are blighted too.
Friday 18 June 2004 12.29pm
Had a few ciders in The Oak with Tharg (Destroyer of Apples) last night and the SE1 cider group was discussed. It may be that I can borrow my Dad's camper and trailer to fetch the fruit when it's ready. It's not a big trailer but it is well over a foot deep so it ought to be big enough. What's a ton of apples going to look like? Anyway, I'll ask him on the weekend and let you know.
Current: 11 of 79

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions