London SE1 community website

Cider making in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 79
Thursday 27 May 2004 8.07am
Mmmmmmmmm. Trip back to Hereford. Interesting idea.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 28 May 2004 10.43am
http://www.farm-shop.co.uk/cidershop.html

Friday 28 May 2004 10.48am
That would be a nice trip.
Friday 28 May 2004 11.03am
I'm really up for a trip. I'd go anywhere. With anyone (nearly).
Friday 28 May 2004 11.10am
I'm really up for a trip too (but maybe we should start an acid thread so as not to get it mixed with cider {acid and cider - it must be Glastonbury!}).

Seriously, though. I think I've managed to convince work colleague to go there this weekend so I'll get the lowdown from him and maybe we should plan going one weekend if anyone wants to.

Thursday 3 June 2004 10.48am
Anyone got round to organising anything yet? I can't remember who said they'd phone Roots & Shoots. And Ivan, any progress with the Ciderdelica Evening? Talking about cider is great fun but its time for some action!
Thursday 3 June 2004 11.09am
Ah, just spent a happy couple of hours strimming (and making encouraging noises at my fruit trees) well, Ivanhoe said something about Ciderman knowing about a scratter and press that's available. I've compared notes with the HMZ crew regarding quantities, as the answer I got from the Cider Museum didn't tally with the further research I did. It would seem that they were as bamboozled as me when it came to this problem, as everyone you ask gives a different answer. I think we should go for an average of all the answers I've been given. They also came up with this link: <http://www.vigoltd.com/intro.asp
I'm off out in a bit, but when I come back, I'll get on the phone to some farms and see if I can track down some cider apples (oddly enough, I had a dream about them last night)
Thursday 3 June 2004 11.34am
Ivanhoe said he would do R&S. (Linda or David.) I wandered in to Vauxhall City Farm and spoke to the live stock manager. He liked the idea and said they might have more than usual scope for storage as they had just had to move their offices out of a building that was now only suitable for storage. However he was not the right person, but they do have a person who does projects. He also liekd the idea of an apple picking trip.

I encouraged him to look at the site and post directly, but this does not appear to have happened. And I have lost the bit of paper with names and contact details.
Thursday 3 June 2004 12.13pm
I take it you're not in the Guildhall Library then Tharg?

I propose (do disagree with me if you would like to - I am talking about content and not apostrophe usage here please) that we phone R&S to see if they have any equipment they are willing to lend, and to establish if there are any other ways we can co-operate. Then we do the cider evening (which Ivanhoe has started on) and collect contributions to raise money for any remaining items needed, including apples which Tharg is researching. We need to confirm with Emma from Surrey Docks Farm that its OK with the rest of the people at the farm for us to do our pressing day(s) there - I'll do that bit - and assuming that it is OK, it seems the obvious place to go, with Vauxhall as a fall-back possibly. We have kind of already promised our equipment that we buy to SD farm and I dont think we should go back on that now.
Thursday 3 June 2004 12.36pm
Don't bother with R&S. I'm on their case.

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 79

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions