London SE1 community website

Cider making in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 79
Friday 4 June 2004 9.53am
A padlock might come in useful...

Cider maker, cidermaker or cider-maker?
Friday 4 June 2004 12.49pm
Please feel free to carry on securitising, obfuscating and finalising your onward financial arrangements, as long as in the meantime Ivanhoe gets round to ringing Roots and Shoots, which might make the whole thing a lot clearer.

Yes of course it would make sense for whoever is going to most use any gear and show most enthusiasm to have it, but they can pass it round between themselves, if Harriet's legal agreement allows them to do so (TFIC). All I am saying is that, having already met with SD farm we need to be a bit diplomatic about other organisations, ie. not offer them straight away something that has already been offered elsewhere (even though it doesnt exist yet). SD of course might not mind at all when asked. Anyway I won't ring Emma till hearing from you about R&S, Ivanhoe, in case we change our ideas after hearing from R&S.

(I hope things aren't going to be this complicated when we go sailing on Monday:

Ivanhoe : Ready about...

Jo : Not quite ready actually. I feel that before making a manoevre we should establish some rules aboard this vessel.

Ivanhoe : Yes, perhaps we should have decided who was most enthusiastic to be helm and who to be crew rather than just getting on with it.

Harriet (shouting from shore) : I do agree, you really should have taken legal advice and drawn up an agreement before setting sail.

***!! crash!! ### splinter!! *** glug, glug**!!

Ivanhoe and Jo sail under a large rubbish barge bearing down from Battersea and are never seen again
.)

Friday 4 June 2004 12.52pm
I just laughed so loud I spat coffee over my desk.
Friday 4 June 2004 1.04pm
Worryingly, that scenario is quite close to what actually happens when you put two slightly intellectual novice sailors in a dinghy together. Kevin at the Westminster Boating Base was always reminding us that children and adults with learning difficulties were far easier to teach than us lot.
Friday 4 June 2004 1.52pm
TULMJJ - *snerk* (which is a ladylike way of saying that I also spat tea at my screen).

Seriously, I would hope to avoid a "legal" agreement - but I also volunteer at a legal advice centre in South London one night a week, and you would not believe the things people do fall out about. I just think it makes sense to make sure everyone knows what the deal is upfront, and actually thinks through what might happen in the future.

Am quite liking the idea of drawing up sailing agreements actually...

Friday 4 June 2004 2.35pm
You're right Harriet, we should be clear upfront with everybody about everything we can think of, and even put something on paper, especially if it can help groups with match funding or whatever. I was just poking fun at the fact that we haven't yet got it together to become the proud possessors of anything to be clear about.
Friday 4 June 2004 2.40pm
I've been busy putting the word about. An old friend of mine delivers fuel to farms in the Monmouth/Hereford area, he is now going to ask the farmers what they're going to be doing with their cider apples this year. I've just spent a couple of hours catching up with a farmer friend today, and he's going to ask his friends the same thing.
Friday 4 June 2004 2.42pm
Just received a call from SD farm to say the staff team there are happy to have us descend on them to have a pressing day, and we can even have a bit of a BBQ at the end of the day, but no drinking while the farm is open to the public (farm rules).

So lets wait and see what R&S say, then decide what to do.
Jon
Friday 4 June 2004 3.20pm
if they're reading this, we could end up with a bidding war for our goods/services!
Friday 4 June 2004 3.45pm
Do you really think that anyone, after reading our ramblings, would remain interested in our services?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 79

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions