London SE1 community website

junior doctors dispute

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Sunday 27 March 2016 12.16pm
Paramount wrote:
We are sleep walking into another nhs nightmare if we give in to these reprobates the BMA has always been trouble to various. Health ministers. Aneurin Bevan included (Labour cofounder of NHS) we must recall. John Reid 2004 new labour of course.... giving Gps and medics all they wanted or didn't originally ask for including cancelling home visits etc and closing surgeries half days and no Saturdays Sundays. The old doctors never expected or desired family life to intrude on their chosen vocation and their threat to walk away from emergency care provision is frankly nothing short of disgustinglyi unbelievable. You couldn't make it up could you! This cavalier attitude should be made illegal and at least government should introduce immediate measures to make illegal any non attendance at emergency situations as with the other emergency providers

My partner is a Junior Doctor. And he has been for the last 13 years. From this post I see that you don't have the slightest idea of the pressures they experience: physically, mentally and and ethically. Not to mention the difficulties in creating a fulfilling social life. You really have no idea. And if you did you wouldn't have written this utter nonsense.

I wish you a good health.
Sunday 27 March 2016 1.52pm
The last paragraph in my last post should have read "Nye Bevan got his way because he was of a constructive mindset and ambitious for the NHS unlike Jeremy Hunt who is the opposite and is recognised as such by most fair-minded people who generally support the Junior Doctors."
Sunday 27 March 2016 4.21pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
The last paragraph in my last post should have read "Nye Bevan got his way because he was of a constructive mindset and ambitious for the NHS unlike Jeremy Hunt who is the opposite and is recognised as such by most fair-minded people who generally support the Junior Doctors."
nonsense
Sunday 27 March 2016 4.28pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
Thanks for giving my musings, even more, depth by repetition.
There are more doctors working during the brief strikes who are union members, they are called Consultants and they are covering their junior colleagues.
Those Junior Doctors often have served more time than some Consultants.
Nye Bevan got his way because he was of a constructive mindset and ambition unlike Jeremy Hunt who is the opposite and is recognised as such by most fair-minded people. who generally support the Junior Doctors' actions.
my wife is a consultant in nh nhs and my ex wife in nhs medicine also. I am on various health committees and can see for myself.
Sunday 27 March 2016 4.33pm
And they fully concur with me that these strikers are just out to cause trouble... As Andrew Pierce intimated on Sky earlier. Public support will erode especially when they walk away from emergency duties. For shame on them!

Cotswolds 12
Monday 28 March 2016 9.10am
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I put my life in their hands, I put my children's life in their hands, I trust them implicitly.
So when they say that they are effectively taking a 20-25% pay cut, I believe them, when they say that they will be working longer hours and will be treating people tired, I believe them and when they say that they will no longer be able to choose their holidays to fit in with family life, I believe them.

This is about the demise of the NHS, who will want to be a doctor in the future?

and seeing as all the consultants were once Junior doctors, it's understandable that they generally support the docs.
Zoe
Monday 28 March 2016 10.45am
I believe doctors more than I believe Jermey Hunt.
Monday 28 March 2016 9.28pm
Zoe wrote:
I believe doctors more than I believe Jermey Hunt.
I dont believe anybody and don't trust anyone but work out for myself. However Mr Hunt is a true Christian gentlenan and very kindly person. If you don't know hIm it might be appropriate not to comment
Monday 28 March 2016 9.36pm
boroughonian wrote:
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I put my life in their hands, I put my children's life in their hands, I trust them implicitly.
So when they say that they are effectively taking a 20-25% pay cut, I believe them, when they say that they will be working longer hours and will be treating people tired, I believe them and when they say that they will no longer be able to choose their holidays to fit in with family life, I believe them.

This is about the demise of the NHS, who will want to be a doctor in the future? The old doctors put their chosen profession before family life no???

and seeing as all the consultants were once Junior doctors, it's understandable that they generally support the docs.
Monday 28 March 2016 9.45pm
Thank you for your wish fir my good health. As long as you are not in hospital weekends as everything effectivelying closes. I have personally experienced bring discharged as no support departments are operating plus it is well documented more deaths occur at weekends. U rest my case.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions