London SE1 community website

junior doctors dispute

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8
Monday 4 April 2016 12.35pm
No problem with patients...of course. . As we are all sitting ducks in that respect. as to other questions.... Still a work in progress... NHS is an obvious minefield for many but nothing on this earth is perfect and we can only strive for the best for all whilst travelling through
Monday 4 April 2016 12.48pm
The NHS is on a journey
. The story is still evolving. Whilst I do surprise myself occasionally even I single handed cannot achieve all I may wish for in life generally or for the nhs and doctors. We must be patient and peaceful
Monday 4 April 2016 12.52pm
Paramount, I have heard from someone that works in the NHS, that the extra money found for the Drs apparent pay rise has been found within the NHS, and that the pharmacy budget has been cut, among other things, to pay for it.

Is this true, as far as you know?

Of course the NHS isn't perfect, I don't think anyone would say it was, it's just that when those that work there are under constant attack, we see the real agenda.
Monday 4 April 2016 1.44pm
Paramount wrote:
The NHS is on a journey
. The story is still evolving. Whilst I do surprise myself occasionally even I single handed cannot achieve all I may wish for in life generally or for the nhs and doctors. We must be patient and peaceful

Again, may I ask what it is that you wish for? I'm not trying to make this personal, I'm genuinely interested and seeing as you sit on numerous health committees, perhaps I have a right to ask.
By evolving, do you mean into a privatised version?
May I also ask again, if there are to be no extra Drs, doesn't it mean that weekday services will suffer?
Monday 4 April 2016 2.01pm
Paramount wrote:
The old medics loved their jobs. And do no harm was inbedded on their hearts and minds. They were 7 days a week workaholics as Adam Boulion opined in Sunday Times etc...His dad was always away but now at age 90 petrified to go near the tender embraces of the new so called doctors! God help us

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Ma735684a2bc493713e0adc497849f353o0&pid=Api&w=239&h=239
Monday 4 April 2016 2.23pm
I trustnit wish to add any more to my previous input on this subject

However it is always open to you to apply to join your locall hospital trust as a staff or patient or public member.
Further info from Guy's Thomas'King's

Council papers are now being sent out to interested parties and voting will follow. Several members are needed and elections are called every 3 years

Cotswolds 12
Monday 4 April 2016 9.33pm
I loved your link, boroughonian, perfect.
I still fail to understand Paramount's views on Junior Doctors and his insistent vindictiveness towards them or what he has done or is doing to preserve the NHS as it was conceived.
Now I will never get to understand because Paramount said "I trustnit (sic) wish to add any more to my previous input on this subject".
Tuesday 5 April 2016 7.14am
I only get het up when a charge is made for inpatients death certificates. My husband was NHS inpatient on NHS ward dying in hospital July 2006 incurred 120 pounds for two doctors to sign death certificates. When I had a moan at the bereavement office I was told the senior staff probably gave the money to junior doctors, I bet that never happens! Unless Paramount can enlighten me?
Tuesday 5 April 2016 10.59am
Life is a learning process or should be.for human beings... .otherwise..we are just basic animals... Let's face it... Animals are oft more sensible... Certainly more loving... Everything is a means to an end... Even if we might not appreciate the process of attaining such. Read Peter Hitchens Mail on Sunday or online... Wise to the extreme. And he has learned through life's process. Politically moving from left to right...

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 5 April 2016 11.03am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I loved your link, boroughonian, perfect.
I still fail to understand Paramount's views on Junior Doctors and his insistent vindictiveness towards them or what he has done or is doing to preserve the NHS as it was conceived.
Now I will never get to understand because Paramount said "I trustnit (sic) wish to add any more to my previous input on this subject".
mock not my lack of manual dexterity these days!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions