London SE1 community website

Animal welfare

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 2.00pm
I have this concern.

I had quite an addiction to the Chicken Cottage , in Lower Marsh, BBQ wings. Every wing had the bone snapped in two, I became a little uneasy about it and stopped buying them (I should really have looked further into it).
Mrs b has been buying the frozen Southern Fried wings from Tesco, same thing, all the wings (there's two bits to this, I'm talking about the drumstick bit) are snapped.
I now have this vision of Chickens having their wings snapped and stuck in cages.
I have a feeling I'm a bit behind the times and that this is accepted practise, is it?
Wednesday 29 November 2017 10.33pm
I e mailed the RSPCA asking the question, they replied asking me if I could take a couple in as pets! Boring pets but cheap to keep I suppose.
Monday 4 December 2017 5.17pm
Boroughonian I honestly was under impression that they had banned battery hens? Saw a programme last years about some ladies knitting waistcoats for ex battery hens...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions