London SE1 community website

ideas for pressies?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 July 2004 11.22am

actually not so last minute as i thought when i woke up - my mum's birthday is monday (the 5th) and i need to get her something. i live in se1, she lives in Northern Ireland... so heavy or bulky items not so good. Flowers are a standby and will be deployed if necessary but i have perhaps over-used these in the past.

any suggestions from the fertile minds of my fellow posters would be very much appreciated - thanks.
Friday 2 July 2004 11.28am
Candlesticks. I know somebody who has a large stock of antique candlesticks that have been tried & tested in the post...
Friday 2 July 2004 11.59am
Does she enjoy being pampered - aren't there now some spas/health clubs around Belfast for which you could get - think they were promoting this last time I was in NI: e.g. The Sensory at either the Belfast or Templepatrick Hiltons?
Friday 2 July 2004 12.03pm
So what is your mother like ?

Cashmere jumper / wrap always a good standby and there are places that will deliver next day on the net.

Alternatively, if your mum is a bit more funky, you could try something like the Aurora Alarm Clock at http://www.iwantoneofthose.com. They deliver next day too.
Friday 2 July 2004 12.11pm

hey this is starting to look less bleak - thanks!!
Friday 2 July 2004 12.19pm
How about getting in touch with: http://www.hollywoodiscalling.com/
and have Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) or Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes in Dallas) or former world heavyweight boxing champion, Larry Holmes or a whole host of z-list American "celebrities" call your Mother and wish her a happy birthday?
Anonymous User
Friday 2 July 2004 1.52pm
My mum asked for pink hair dye on her last birthday... it looked fabulous, I can heartily recommend it as a present!

rm
Friday 2 July 2004 1.59pm
wow - tharg....

how did you find that? what a cool website!
Friday 2 July 2004 2.16pm
Credit where it's due, I was sent that link by Blake, during a recent bout of, "who can find the weirdest web-site".
Friday 2 July 2004 2.58pm
How about a case of Magnier's c****, although I'm not sure if it's just available in the Republic.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions