London SE1 community website

Looking for those who care about the Rohingya community

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 2 May 2020 11.06am
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum, though lived in SE1 for a while now. I'm also a volunteer for Save the Children and currently working on the Justice for Rohingya campaign. It's a cause I care a lot and it's so terrible what people had and still have to endure in Myanmar and refugee camps.

And now coronavirus closes in on the community and you can see here how concerning that is. The camps are cramped, with poor hygiene and little, if no chance for social distancing.

I'm trying to reach out to everyone who care or would like to know more about the Justice for Rohingya campaign. I'd be very happy to chat about how the campaign wants to help families, how you can get involved and just to chat about the situation there.

It's a cause I care a lot and it would be great to speak to people in my community about it.

Thank you ever so much and hope you all have a lovely weekend,
Ramune
Monday 7 September 2020 9.41am
Shocking. So many people need the help of the West.

Look at the Uighur in China, they need our help and we turn a blind eye.

Yemen.

etc etc
Tuesday 8 September 2020 12.55pm
Our treatment of Iraqis with sanctions

East Timor, Rwanda and Bosnia now distant memories.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/global-2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions