London SE1 community website

Evening Standard Spanish apartment.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 July 2004 6.37pm
Just received this email from a member of a competition site I use.
Oh well, I suppose if you can't win yourself then contributing to anothers
success is the next best thing.
She did post a thank you to phoney on the Winners Post of http://forums.loquax.co.uk/index.php

Hi phoney,

Thank you for posting the Evening Standard passwords ... I won! I'm going to post my win in a minute but wanted to pm you first. We'd love to send you something , do you drink wine? ********************************************

Still in a state of shock! Thanks again!!

I deleted most of the above message as her comments were of a personal nature.
I did win a t-shirt from hondaf1 this week autographed by Jenson Button and Takuma Sato. Think I'd have preferred the apartment.
Saturday 24 July 2004 3.16pm
wow- unbelievable. Never imagined that anyone actually really wins those apartments. I once won a pot of peanut butter, that's all.
Tuesday 10 August 2004 10.10am
>>a pot of peanut butter,

A Thing that makes me go Euuuuuch!
Tuesday 10 August 2004 1.12pm
I won £1700 on the half-time draw, at a Hibernian v Dundee match a couple of years back, it was my first go, it cost me 50p, and wound my Brother-in-law up no end, he'd been doing it for 25 years, and had never won a penny.
Wednesday 11 August 2004 9.07pm
I once entered a competition to win a trip to India and won the 2nd prize: a guide book to India. I really couldn't think of a more frustrating thing to give to someone who really wants to go to a place but has narrowly missed the opportunity to do so.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions