London SE1 community website

Lost In Translation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 1 October 2004 10.40pm
Just watched this film with a very good friend of mine. Trash. Oscar quality? Er, nope. It was as dull as the anticipation with which I wait for my toast to pop out of the toaster... Crap. Bill Murray - great (given my age at the time) in Ghostbusters (80's tastic) but what a pile of drivel this was.

Watched Mystic River a few weeks ago and although disturbing I had hoped that this one would be there at the same level in terms of the impact it had on me... What were the media talking about? I waited for an hour and a half for the film to start...

So disappointed. So toilet.
Monday 4 October 2004 9.37am
I so agree with you R&M; I was bored stiff while watching this film. But then again, wasn't this film about two people being bored and therefore started a relationship? Boring caracters, boring setting and very mediocre dialogues.

Mal joué!
Monday 4 October 2004 10.54am
And they never snogged.

And all the comedy seemed to be about laughing at the Japanese, which Clive James did years ago.

I nodded off in the Cinema as it was nice and dark

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions