London SE1 community website

IT dilemma...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 31 January 2005 4.56pm
Thanks James - that's exactly the kind of thing that I had in mind.

On the classifieds - wasn't a prod - we are eternally grateful for the hours you already put in - I just wondered if my own experiences of Ebay and the like meant there might be a great, untapped market out there !
Monday 31 January 2005 5.56pm
Thanks James,
Perhaps they will take our old computer.

Sarah
Monday 31 January 2005 8.55pm
OFFERS used to only cover certain areas - you may have to step over to the other side of the main road, Sarah2. Its possible they have more funding now, but they used to collect working equipment for free, but charge to collect dead stuff. But I feel its worth a small charge to promote the reusing and recycling that they do and not have your PC dumped in a hole in Essex.
Monday 31 January 2005 10.26pm
Essex is a hole....
Monday 31 January 2005 11.13pm
Oi!

Monday 31 January 2005 11.48pm
That's just what an Essex person would say....
Tuesday 1 February 2005 1.01pm
Oi!

...oh yeah, TULMJ is right...
Tuesday 1 February 2005 11.05pm
I should say I am quite fond of Essex, especially the bits by the sea.
Tuesday 1 February 2005 11.30pm
Oooh, which bits?

Wednesday 2 February 2005 2.04am
For about 20 years I've been going to a place called the Othona Community, next door to the Saxon stone chapel right out on the peninsula past Bradwell. Its a great place, has the feeling of being on the end of the world. Also I've been going sailing with some friends with boats on the Colne. I have explored all the rivers and islands round there, but my favourite is to moor overnight in some muddy creek and watch the sun go down over the mudbanks with a bottle of wine. For those who dont know, mud can be surprisingly beautiful - gorgeous skies reflected in billowing curves of wet mud with the calls of the wading birds is my idea of Essex.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions