London SE1 community website

IT dilemma...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 3 February 2005 2.47pm
LOL, Ivanhoe.

TULJ, those are pictures of my male admirers scrambling across the moat of my castle...

I'm from the north side of the Blackwater, but used to visit Bradwell, and St Peter's Chapel, quite a lot as a child. I'm glad to see there's someone else out there who appreciates Essex's underrated beauty.
Anonymous User
Thursday 3 February 2005 2.50pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad to see there's
> someone else out there who appreciates Essex's
> underrated beauty.

Don't be so harsh on yourself! ;-))

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 3 February 2005 2.53pm by Birdie.
Thursday 3 February 2005 3.14pm
LOL, you fell into that one, Miss Jo Jo.

Anyway, you may be underrated by some, but we all appreciate you.
Thursday 10 February 2005 1.57pm
North Essex is amongst the prettiest and most rural parts of the South East. Between Saffrron Walden & Sudbury. Just like Suffolk, but cheaper, because of the postcode...

And Bradwell must be the most remote place in the Home Counties. Other contenders? Love the Dengie marshes.
Thursday 10 February 2005 2.58pm
The place I go to is even more remote than Bradwell. You go through Bradwell and out the other side, down a lane towards the sea, turn off through a farmyard, down a farm track for about 1/2 mile, still going towards the sea, then down the community track, then just before you get to the sea wall you're there. And its only about 60 miles from Central London.

http://www.othona.org/

(edited to add the community's web address, for anyone interested)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 February 2005 3.00pm by The Unladylike Ms. Jo.
Thursday 10 February 2005 3.12pm
Isn't Sudbury in Suffolk?

The two villages on Foulness Island are pretty remote, and feel more so because the whole island is owned by the MOD so access is restricted.
Thursday 10 February 2005 5.38pm
Yes, there's lots of very inaccessible marshy islands. You may have to move to one, TLMJJ, when your thronging admirers get to be just too much.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions