London SE1 community website

What was No1 on the day you were born?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 7 March 2005 8.37am
TUMJ - embarrassingly I do remember Nutrocker, it was a hideous boogie piano version of an excerpt from Nutcracker, and on the B side was their even worse Flight of the Bumblebee. It was on the pub jukebox where I used to drink in the 80s (Red Lion in York since you ask). Guaranteed to cause loud groans and occasional missiles when played, so obviously a favourite!

And now you've set me off, here is the CD on Amazon where you can here an excerpt of both tracks, and I really thought I'd never have to hear that tune again. Grrr.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000007XAK/

And I just listened to Bumble Boogie again, and desperately need to throw a pint mug at someone...

Horrible way to start the week, thanks very much :-)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 7 March 2005 8.41am by markandjoan.
Anonymous User
Monday 7 March 2005 8.41am
Let the Heartaches Begin. I've never heard it and don't think I want to!

18th was much better - A Good Heart by Feargal Sharkey - which I will now no doubt be singing all day.
Monday 7 March 2005 9.37am
My old man's a dustman
Monday 7 March 2005 12.56pm
Massachusetts - the Bee Gees number one at birth

The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush number one at 18th - though needless to say it wasn't played at party to celebrate that fact.
Monday 7 March 2005 1.13pm
If you leave me now - Chicago (at birth)
Baby come back - Pato Banton (at 18 - I remember going clubbing to that!)
Anonymous User
Monday 7 March 2005 2.06pm
JonR - are you terribly terribly young? I'm sure I was a teenager with If you leave me now was in the charts.

I feel really old now!
Monday 7 March 2005 2.44pm
you were a teenager in 1976? - then you are old! (no offence meant to anyone else on the forum of course - just Birdie!)
Monday 7 March 2005 2.54pm
I think Beethoven was no1 when I was born.
Anonymous User
Monday 7 March 2005 2.57pm
Phew - I'm not as old as I thought!! I just have severe memory problems!!
Monday 7 March 2005 3.55pm
I now understand why Mrs I never used to be into popular music beat combos when she was young.

She was greeted into the world to the sounds of "Amazing Grace" by the pipes and drums & military band of the Scots Dragoons

[mine is boring. Beatles "Get Back"]

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions