London SE1 community website

Do you want to make cider in 2005 ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 38
Sal
Thursday 28 July 2005 7.03am
I think we should get this meeting arranged ASAP, before our diary's get to full.

Any suggestions??
Friday 29 July 2005 5.50am
Yes you're quite right, I do want to be involved. Not sure about having juice at this stage. I might want some to keep as juice, if its as nice as it was last year. I quite fancy a trip fetching apples. And I would like to make perry, if we can somehow manage it. I wont be around next week so will have to catch up later if you have a meeting.
Tuesday 16 August 2005 10.11am
Before I forget, I really want us to do what we can to make the pressing the first weekend in November (5th and 6th).

If we can manage that, then I can take two or three days off beforehand to fetch apples/presses/set up at the farm/macerate pears and apples in advance/do whatever needs doing.

However, if it's the following weekend (like last year), then I won't be able to take any time off work.

I know we need to discuss this all together. Just wanted to give people something to think about.

I will also have some time off at the beginning of Oct, and so if it helps I'm happy to ring round potential apple suppliers and see what they say about committing to the first weekend in Nov (or anything else that needs doing).

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 16 August 2005 10.16am
I definitely can't do the weekend of the 5th and 6th as I will be down in Devon for a wedding. However, I think Ivanhoe's preferences are more important than mine (in relation to making cider, not in general!)
Tuesday 16 August 2005 10.22am
No they're not. Not at all. There is more joy in cider heaven over one vodka drinker who turns towards the (cloudy) light, etc, etc.

I can make the following weekend, but can't take any time off before or after. I was keen to make sure I did my bit towards all the things that don't happen on the actual weekend (not least because I want a fair bit of the juice). We can talk about it next time we meet.

Tuesday 30 August 2005 8.14pm
I think we should do something soon. Just been looking at a calendar and it's soon.

[can you tell I'm excited?]

Tuesday 6 September 2005 5.24pm
Anyone?

Anonymous User
Tuesday 6 September 2005 6.08pm
I'm there. Can we go now? I've had a really hard day.
Wednesday 7 September 2005 1.10pm
yes, we definately need a meeting soon, it's ages since I had any cider!
Wednesday 7 September 2005 2.57pm
I'm worried that we're not far off C-Day, and we've not got anything planned (apples, press, farm, van, etc).

Anyone suggest a serious cider meeting date?

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 38

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions