London SE1 community website

Do you want to make cider in 2005 ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 38 of 38
Friday 14 July 2006 11.00am
great idea! lets set up a thread in the socials section!
Friday 14 July 2006 12.49pm
I must confess, what with one thing and another, my cider hasn't progressed beyond its first racking. I'd definitely be up for a meet, if only because it will encourage me to have another go at racking and bottling it up !*

* Although, if it's a disaster, I reserve the right not to inflict it on anyone other than the drains.
Friday 14 July 2006 1.18pm
well at least this year it's not been used as a fire extinguisher! should be ok, the longer you leave it fermenting, the better it tastes (apparently).
Friday 14 July 2006 1.54pm
I like the lawyer's caveat.

Presumably you need a similar disclaimer if anyone suffers harm after drinking it.
Friday 14 July 2006 2.29pm
JonR, this year has been the year of the flood, but let's not go there.

Suffice to say, if you have ever read "So Long and Thanks For All the Fish" I consider myself to be the disaster-attracting equivilent of the long distance truck driver who is really a rain-god...

The Sarah, I think I could probably rely on caveat emptor for protection (or at least caveat combibor).
Friday 14 July 2006 3.43pm
So, will we do it?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 July 2006 3.46pm
Looks like Siduhe has also suggested something for the book club.
Tuesday 18 July 2006 12.59pm
Just for those who missed it!

cider meet up tonight - from 7:30 by the electric tree at More London.

see thread on the socials page.

Cheers!
Current: 38 of 38

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions