London SE1 community website

Do you want to make cider in 2005 ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 38
Wednesday 14 September 2005 8.40pm
If anyone needs to phone Emma at the farm, the phone number there is 7231-1010. Messages have already been left to invite her to the meeting.
Thursday 15 September 2005 2.13pm
My apologies for not being able to attend. I'm still available for any cider making duties so count me in. Jenny too. I'm pretty flexible workwise so I'll be happy to hire and drive van, harvest/collect apples and return presses etc.
Thursday 15 September 2005 2.15pm
I can't come tonight, I turned my ankle this morning (just spent a couple of hours in casualty) and can't walk. However, I'm still up for some cidermaking and can probably find time to help fetch apples.
Thursday 15 September 2005 4.11pm
I'm not feeling too well today, but hope to come for an hour or two. DOnt wait for me though.

I just phoned Emma, she's not sure whether or not she can come tonight, but says that both weekends suggested by Ivanhoe are OK for the farm, ie. 5/6 Nov and 12/13 Nov.
Thursday 15 September 2005 4.51pm
spoke too soon then, because it looks like there'll be hardly anyone there...

I'll bring my pen and minute taking notebook anyway just in case.
Thursday 15 September 2005 5.25pm
I'll be there, by about 8:15 I reckon.
Jac
Thursday 15 September 2005 5.56pm
oh dear I was about to add my names to the can't make it afterall, have just got back from a long day in the studio with another long day ahead tomorrow so I am absolutely shattered, and still have and hour or so work to do at the computer. I will come along if I get a second wind.

Thursday 15 September 2005 7.28pm
Well, at least I didn't have far to walk home when I discovered no-one was there.
Friday 16 September 2005 8.53am
Sorry we missed you Jane - we were at the back bar (or at least people were there when I arrived about 20 past).

JonR and his trusty pen and minute taking book will no doubt be along with an update later...
Friday 16 September 2005 8.58am
note to self, must practise my cider group recognition skills......

I can offer general prepping / cleaning help as required, and as I've said before I don't want any home brew but am happy to muck in and help others with the dark art of pressing etc.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 38

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions