London SE1 community website

Country & Western question

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 21 November 2005 2.30pm
St Winifred's School Choir?
Monday 21 November 2005 2.34pm
Chaz and Dave?
Monday 21 November 2005 3.11pm
Sorry. in order to qualify as the First Couple of Country Music you have to come from Nashville Tennessee. It's the unspoken Country law. Previous First Couples have been George and Tammy and Johnny Cash and June Carter. Both couples' haloes slipped when the drink and drug stories got too much to sweep under the carpet. Fay and Tim really are goody two shoes in real life -- there's not a whiff of scandal. They'll keep their crowns for a long long time.

PS There is no such thing as Country & Western. It's either Western Swing or Country. Then there's Bluegrass and Cajun etc.
Tuesday 22 November 2005 6.15am
Hahahaha - I've had a good laugh with all those suggestions, none of which are right. I'd have no problem fessing up to a Chas & Dave gig, but sadly it wasn't them.

Let's just say I had an atypical teenage spod's liking for this person's songs until a particular song came out, and then the scales fell from my eyes and I abandoned them overnight. In 1986.

Tuesday 22 November 2005 3.59pm
Roger Whittaker!
Tuesday 22 November 2005 7.15pm
Nope! Nice try though :D

Tuesday 22 November 2005 7.54pm
Val Doonican.

Donovan.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 22 November 2005 10.06pm
barkyhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roger Whittaker!

The man who should have gone to Specsavers (no connection etc etc) is doing Christmas Shows in Mississauga, California - worth the air fare alone but also you can:

Win Dinner for Two at Ruth's Chris Steak House!
Get your tickets for Roger Whittaker, Christmas Classics & Greatest Hits - quote code RUTH - and your name will be automatically entered to win Dinner for Two at Mississauga's Ruth's Chris Steak House (value $200). You must purchase your tickets between Nov. 22 and Dec. 11. Draw will take place Dec. 12. One entry per person. Call 905-306-6000 today!

Wednesday 23 November 2005 1.00am
(Message to Andrew)

It's got to be Chris de Bleurgh then ... with "Laydeeeee in red"
Wednesday 23 November 2005 1.30am
[Reluctantly puts his hands up and surrenders.] I can honestly say that after that excrescence I never listened to him again.

Well done, Julie! :D

What should your reward be for guessing this?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 November 2005 1.34am by Andrew.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions