London SE1 community website

Cheeky question (sorry)...any info on living near Brent Cross?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 25 March 2006 4.31pm
Hello...

It's been quite a while, since you've had to suffer a post from me, on this Forum.

I'm very cheeky to be asking this - but nothing ventured, nothing gained. And a couple of years ago, people on here advised me on the wisdom (or otherwise) of booking a hotel room, in other areas of London, far beyond SE1.

So I just thought I'd ask...in case there's someone who might know something. A friend of mine is considering moving to a rented property near Brent Cross - Hendon Way. He will be viewing said property in a week's time, but has anyone has any info on what the area is like? Maps and photos can tell only so much - it's always useful to know the inside story on an area. So if anyone has any info - or could advise as to where any more info could be obtained (I've been Googling, of course), I'd be much obliged.

Thanks anyway.

Deirdre.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 25 March 2006 4.32pm by dmcguirk.
Sunday 26 March 2006 12.53pm
Deidre returns....Great.

I know nothing about Brent Cross except it has a shopping Centre that I have never visited, and you go through it on the North Circular. Its north of the river.

Sarah
Sunday 2 April 2006 7.39am
Thanks Sarah.....

Have been very busy lately, but I do check in on SE1 every so often - though not enough. I could never forget that the very first thing I ever posted in cyberspace happened here...under a different username, as p.c. kept crashing, and I kept having to re-register, back then!.

And of course, when I eventually win the lottery, it goes without saying that one of my first investments will be a place in SE1.

My friend went to see the place, and liked it, and as no 'negative' reply was posted here, hopefully we can take that as a good sign.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions