London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 47
Friday 12 October 2007 3.09pm
Hope to see you close up too, Theresa.
Monday 5 November 2007 2.53pm
Hello

I have just out about the web site and the forum. I came to Jackie's fireworks on Saturday. Very emtertaining. Alos am looking for cleaning work. Any one need a good cleaner in the SE1 area. Let me know
Sunday 18 November 2007 10.12pm
Hey!
My Name is Rachel, i am moving to London the end of dec and just stumbled across this site..Give me some tips on where to find a good cheap spot to rent for my studies! i'm also totally up for a few drinks or a night out if anyone is looking to meet a fresh canadian in London! aha could be funny!

xx
Rach
Monday 19 November 2007 1.56pm
Welcome, Rachel. SE1 is not the cheapest area of London, though on the cheaper side of things. Studies? Which college, that is where I would start, colleges in London usually help oversees students get settled.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 3.45pm
Hi,
am Lia, and i haven't actually moved to se1 as yet, but will be soon, so am getting acquainted before the move.

cheers,
butterfly
Saturday 1 December 2007 6.21pm
HI Lia, I have a grand-daughter with your name so it's easy to remember. Se1 is lovely you'll enjoy living here.
Monday 17 December 2007 1.15pm
Hi all,

I missed this thread, so apologies for the late introduction. I'm Oliver and as my signature proudly states, I'm the Boss of SE1 Relocation Ltd. We're a property search & buying consultancy covering SE1, which basically means that we work to find suitable properties for people, usually who just don't have the time themselves, all in London SE1.

Obviously, I think SE1 is a fantastic area of London and I find this forum a great place to find out what's going on from the people who actually live here. I live in Elephant & Castle but know pretty much most of the area inside out, which I genuinely think helps us deliver a first class service. I'll keep posting and hope to meet as many of you as possible.

If you or anyone you know is thinking of moving to SE1 and would find our services useful then check out the web address below and just get in touch, we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Oliver

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Tuesday 18 December 2007 11.25am
Oliver,

Welcome. You should speak to James to see whether you can offer a discount in the SE1 Direct newsletters.
jh
Thursday 20 December 2007 11.11am
Hi all....I too managed to miss this bit out and went straight for the jugular

I'm John and have lived just off Bermondsey Street for over 12 years now....deserting Camden Town for what was then the unknown and underdeveloped joys of SE1.

Over the years I have seen a huge amount of change, although this has definatley gathered quite a lot of momentum in the last 2 or 3. What has become apparent to me during this time is that Southwark Council take a great deal of prodding and persuading to take on board the aspirations of those of us who already live here. They seem mainly interested in developing the borough as quickly as possible (not always a bad thing mind) with often scant regard for those who this may directly affect.

Apart from that I have found it to be a great place to live and couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be.
Saturday 22 December 2007 9.44pm
Hi, my name is Gary. Moving to Empire Square from Canada (for work purposes) early in the New Year for 2 years. Despite spending the past 10 years in Canada/Australia I'm still a Brit at heart and looking forward to being back in SE1. I worked in both Kings Head Yard and Tooley Street for three years in the early '90s so looking forward to being back in SE1....
Current: 12 of 47

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions