London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 46
Tuesday 3 October 2006 2.35pm
Hello! My boyfriend and I just bought in SE1 and moved in on Friday... what a fab area. Of course, we knew that before we moved or we wouldn't have moved, but it's just great being here! And our removalist told us about this site. Looking forward to checking out MarieP's bookshop and meeting a few of you... heading to the socials page now!
Thursday 5 October 2006 10.33am
Hi, I don't live round here (though am about to move to SE5 so not a million miles away) but have worked SE1 for several years, first on York Road and now on Southwark Bridge Road. When not in the office I can often be found at Borough Market, buying cheese at Neal's Yard Dairy and lunch at Fuse Box. I'm also a jobbing musician (classical singer).
Sunday 15 October 2006 3.33pm
Hello Everyone!

I've been living in SE1 for about 6 years now and have come across this site every now and again when doing specific searches (very useful). Only recently have I checked out the forum and have to say, you seem like a really nice bunch of people, so though I'd be a part of it, too. Looking forward to chatting to you guys!

Regards,
Vbob
Sunday 15 October 2006 4.06pm
Oh we ARE, really REALLY nice. I mean, some of us are nicer than others, but we come highly recommended. Sunday 5th Nov. is firework night on my terrace, consider yourself invited - only y;ou have to SAY if you're coming or not because of security.
Friday 20 October 2006 6.58am
Hi

There are some things that never leave the Bermondsey boy. Peek Freans, I worked there for a short time in the sixties, Manse's pie and mash, I can still taste it, old friends and pubs that have long gone. I am about to retire after working in Western Australia for thirty five years. A visit to London is now due and I would like to catch up with old friends. Can you help me find Joe and Joyce Bird who live on the corner of Gallywall road and Linton/Lynton road? in the seventies. The house has now been demolished. Come on where is the detective in you? Someone must remember them.
Cheers
Dennis
Tuesday 14 November 2006 10.55pm
Richard Stompidou wrote:
Hallo. I'm Richard, and I moved here in January after too long in beastly Hammersmith. And I love it, for ... Look forward to using this excellent forum for gossip and advice on urban gardening.....

are you by any chance Richard of guerilla gardening fame? If so, welcome.

Actually, come to think of it, even if you're someone completely different, welcome to the wonderful world of se1
Wednesday 15 November 2006 5.29pm
Guerilla Gardener Richard does live in SE1- Elephant in fact.
Thursday 16 November 2006 10.03pm
Hi,
My workplace has just moved into the area.
The good points are Borough Market and the great cafes and pubs in the area.
The bad point is that our offices have already been burgled twice and we have also had our windows smashed.
Saturday 18 November 2006 9.30pm
Gosh, where ARE your offices? On the ground floor with untoughened glass or an easily forceable door? Sorry to hear this. It's often the case when people move to a new place, criminals think it must be worth burgling the premises because they will necessarily be full of "new" things.
Tuesday 21 November 2006 1.56pm
Hi I'm Kara, Have been in the area for 2 1/2 years now, live at the back of Tesco's on the OKR. And have lurkered on here for about a year and a half
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions