London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 35 of 46
Monday 26 September 2011 9.28pm
Hi, I'm matt and ive been reading for ages and thought i would join in. I'm living in Nelson square and love SE1!
Tuesday 4 October 2011 9.39am
Hello

Iíve not moved in yet, SE1 that is!

I hope you donít mind me joining you. My name is Juliette and Iím originally from Yorkshire. I moved to Surrey last year to help Ďthe old maní sell his place the whole process has been a nightmare Ahhhh ! However I just canít wait any longer so if I canít move physically Iíll do virtual in the mean time! Great, informative friendly siteÖ.. Hopefully move in before Christmas. Fingers crossed x
Wednesday 5 October 2011 12.02pm
Hello

New to the Forum, Business Angel Investor and looking to Network with others in SE1, and make new friends of course.
Friday 28 October 2011 11.45am
Welcome one and all, any addition to SE1 is great. come and join us at one of the socials so we can meet you!
Friday 4 November 2011 12.53pm
I am a retired scientist who, in the 1970s, used to pass Kirkaldy's Testing Works by bus.
I was amused and impressed to see an inscription over the entrance door: it read "FACT NOT OPINION".
I have been told that it is still in place.
Has anyone a photograph (old or recent) which they might be willing to scan and email to me please?
Thank you Southwark. Don Busby.
Saturday 5 November 2011 10.34am
Replying to myself (Don Busby), I need to point out that the picture I am seeking is of the above-door inscription rather than the whole building. Thank you.
Saturday 5 November 2011 10.45am
Does anyone have a photograph or other picture of the inscription "FACT NOT OPINION" which is inscribed in stone above a doorway into the museum which they might be willing to scan and email to me, please?
Thursday 10 November 2011 1.52pm
Hi everybody!
My name is Alex and I am a newbie here. Looking for advises and new friends)
Sunday 13 November 2011 11.20am
Don Busby wrote:
I was amused and impressed to see an inscription over the entrance door: it read "FACT NOT OPINION".
I have been told that it is still in place.
Has anyone a photograph (old or recent) which they might be willing to scan and email to me please?
Thank you Southwark. Don Busby.

Hi Don
a Google image search of the words 'kirkaldy testing works fact' brings up many. Here's a couple.
http://flickrhivemind.net/User/CarolineLD/Interesting

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jph8524/JHfacts_not_opinions.htm
Sunday 13 November 2011 3.52pm
Dear Beetroot,
I am new to this computing lark: I hope that I am addressing you correctly and that this reaches you!
Thank you very much for finding pictures of the inscription above the Kirkaldy Testing Works (now Museum).
I did not even think to search on Google: this shows my inexperience.
Do you have red/auburn hair as your 'nom de plume' suggests?
Thank you again for your help.
Sincerely,
Don Busby
(A very OAP)
Current: 35 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions