London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 36 of 46
Sunday 13 November 2011 6.26pm
You're welcome Don. To some, doing a Google Image search is obvious, but I still remember when absolutely everything about using computers was not at all obvious to me!
I never thought someone might think I'm beetroot because I resemble one. Funnily enough though, my sister is an unusually deep auburn. I just like beetroot.
Thanks for reminding me of the museum. I've been meaning to go. I love the little museums, especially the old Operating Theatre which is priceless and unique.
Welcome to the site, Don.
Sunday 13 November 2011 10.07pm
Dear Beetroot,
Thank you for "welcome" comment which closed your last message. If you are interested in mechanical things you might like to view my two 6 minute videos on YouTube. My Account is "MrDoneBy" and the video titles are "Musboxcylcem 2" and "A Mini Muffle Oven". I am a member of The Musical Box Society of Great Britain. The Society's website is www.mbsgb.org.uk: it has a link to the two videos. Happy viewing if you look.
Don.
Tuesday 15 November 2011 1.53pm
Hi all,

I've just moved to SE1 (Tooley Street)from deepest, darkest Kent after commuting to the city for over year (seriously tedious). Now starting life in what immediately appears to be an amazing part of the city with plenty of amazing places. I now have The Rake, Draft House Tower Bridge, The Dean Swift and The Kernel Brewery all in walking /staggering distance which can only be a good thing. Hopefully bump into some of you in one or more of these places!

Thisisskin.
Tuesday 15 November 2011 2.15pm
Hi
my name is favour,just discovered the site because i was searching through to know more about my community since i just moved in recently. i would love to meet with people around me and get to know them better.
Monday 26 December 2011 8.37pm
Hi everyone,
Did anybody out there know Salvadore Manzi (known as Pete) worked as an oyster man in the 1950's, lived at Barbell street. He had a brother named Tony and a stepbrother? Our family was very close to him and would like to get in contact with people that he knew.
Monday 26 December 2011 9.30pm
Don Busby's postings and helpful reply by Beetroot are now 'history' and can be deleted. I know not how. Perhaps the moderator could help, please.
Thank you for use of 'Chatter' in finding out about Kirkaldy's Testing Museum.
Don.
Friday 30 December 2011 9.31am
Hi I am Sue. I have just moved in to the Jam Factory after living in SE23 for some time. It is a real novelty to be able to walk to work, and I am enjoying exploring the neighbourhood. In the past I have been very involved in the local amenity society and wouldn't mind doing something similar here.
Monday 2 January 2012 4.21am
Hi

Just found your forum as I was researching different neighborhoods for my upcoming move. This is a great site. Very informative and represents your community well! I will post all my questions on the main board. Thanks!

Megb
Wednesday 11 January 2012 9.56pm
Hello all,

reading the SE1 forum has been one of my favourite procrastination strategies for some time, so I thought I'd up the ante and start contributing. Especially since the procrastination has felt all the more justified as it has led to lots of interesting discoveries about this great area.

SEnic
Saturday 21 January 2012 10.14am
Hi I live in Peckham (never!) which is SE15 in the borough of Southwark. I love SE.

I post regularly on a site called southeastcentral.co.uk which covers a lot of Southwark (and Lewisham) areas
Current: 36 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions