London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 38 of 46
Sunday 12 August 2012 12.32pm
Hi Guys,
I'm Preeti, living in Shad Thames.
I enjoy going to the Theater (Globe, Southwalk, National, Old / new Viic) and am keen to explore some of the smaller Contemporary art galleries in East / South London on weekends. Do get in touch if you have similar interests.
Also, wanted to check -is anyone promming weekends this summer?
looking forward,
Preeti
Saturday 1 September 2012 2.20pm
Afternoon all,

I've been a long-time "lurker", reading the occasional thread, but thought I should introduce myself and post here and there.

London born and raised - mostly SE, though I confess to having dabbled with Euston, Holborn and Pimlico. I have now returned to SE1, having previously lived on Broadwall.

I now live on The Cut with my wife, brother and a good mate of ours (the nature of my job, until recently, meant I didn't want my wife, who'd just moved over from New York, to live by herself if I was working with clients outside of London).

I've also had close ties to SE1 with work - I've used office space in the Blackfriars Foundry, worked in PwC's More London office, and am soon due to open a bar-restaurant ("The Fat Bear) on the South Bank, hopefully on New Globe Walk (premises discussion is still taking place).

My main interests are food and drink (quelle surprise), cigars, the occasional hand of poker (I used to play professionally) and passionately debating politics, religion and philosophy.

Cheers,

Gareth
Thursday 13 September 2012 6.00pm
Hi! Jake here, lived here or here-abouts for yearns, new to the site. Lovely place to live.
Friday 28 September 2012 5.45pm
Hi,
I'm new to this I actually live in Holborn but the reason for joining was I'm thinking of sending my daughter to St Michael's catholic college secondary school just off Jamaica rd. I've just heard some bad things about the area crime wise just wanted some people's opinion on this and even about the school. How safe is it for a young girl to be hanging about waiting for buses? Is there gangs at the school? I'm really starting to worry as I need to apply pretty soon.
Really appreciate people's opinions on this
Thanx x
Friday 28 September 2012 5.53pm
Hi,
I'm new to this I actually live in Holborn but the reason for joining was I'm thinking of sending my daughter to St Michael's catholic college secondary school just off Jamaica rd. I've just heard some bad things about the area crime wise just wanted some people's opinion on this and even about the school. How safe is it for a young girl to be hanging about waiting for buses? Is there gangs at the school? I'm really starting to worry as I need to apply pretty soon.
Really appreciate people's opinions on this
Thanx x
Monday 1 October 2012 10.34am
Do you know Jamaica road or st Michael's catholic college SE16 at all?
Tuesday 2 October 2012 8.02am
Hi Holborn123 - welcome to the forum. This thread is just for saying hello - if you've got a specific question, it's better to start a new thread/topic where more people are likely to see it.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 8 November 2012 5.33pm
Hello, my name is Helen and I work with community engagement at Southwark Council, chatting with community groups, and researching community issues. I like the news pages on here - though often the comments are more interesting than the news!
Friday 4 January 2013 5.16pm
Hello, I'm Nanny P, I've lived in SE1 for 18 years and I love this area. When I moved into my little house, just off Bermondsey Street, the area was very shabby but just look at it now, we even have our very own Summer Fayre. My Nanny Business took off 3 years ago, thanks to all you lovely ladies, so now I've started a brand new Babysitting Service just for Parents in SE1. www.nannyplondon.co.uk, who knows what the next 18 years hold but whatever it is I'm not moving anywhere else.
Monday 7 January 2013 11.21am
Hi everyone! Local in the Bermondsey area, new to the site and it looks great. I'm currently expecting our first child so hoping to meet other mums and find out about baby friendly events and such.
Current: 38 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions