London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 39 of 46
Monday 14 January 2013 3.57pm
Hello, my name is Amanda and I first came to the area 12 years ago to attend South bank university and am now starting a business selling in Waterloo a large range of cakes, cupcakes, and tasty treats. Thought I would join up on here to find out about interesting events in the area and let everyone know about my exciting new venture :)
Saturday 19 January 2013 12.15am
Hi. I am Aaron and been living in SE1 for five years now and also first about 12 years ago. I really love the area and see how it is changing. If you want to be in touch, send me a message. A
Saturday 19 January 2013 2.13pm
My name is Peter and Ive been living in the area for just over two years now on Tooley street. Have just recently been made aware of this site trying to find a trustworthy washing machine engineer! Now hoping its gonna be quite usefull, informative and entertaining.
Tuesday 12 February 2013 4.19pm
Evening all,

I'm Hrishi, moved into Long Lane about a month ago, though I've been fairly familiar with the area from earlier.

Interests include reading, travelling, exhibitions, museums etc.

Hoping to contribute as much as I take away from here. And oh yes, do get in touch for any similar interests.

Cheers!
Monday 4 March 2013 10.45pm
hey everyone

I recently moved to bankside not long ago

looking to meet other people in the area to make friends and go out with etc

im 24, like pubs and music! and restaurants etc

if anyone else is local, around my age and wants to chill out or explore se1 let me know!

feel free to msg me

thanks

naz
Friday 15 March 2013 2.14pm
hi everybody i was born in dixs place in bermondsey
in 1941 all my grandparents and parents came from all around i had my aunt clara and uncle bill who lived in neckinger estate we moved from bermondsey
to dagenham in essex in 1945 but ivery often went to see my aunt and uncle in bermonsey on several times when iwas growing up.
Monday 1 April 2013 6.20pm
Hello SE1!
I'm Frank Britton, retired secondary school teacher, and I'm researching the life of my great uncle, William Hooker, who was born in 1880 at 89 Wickham Street, Lambeth. At the age of 31, following service with the Imperial Yeomanry in the second Anglo-Boer War, he emigrated to Australia. In 1914 he joined the Australian Imperial Force, and was subsequently wounded in France on 23rd February 1917. Repatriated to No 2 General Hospital, Fulham Road, Chelsea, he died of his wounds on 12th June 1917. According to his records, he attended Walnut Tree LCC School, and I wonder if the it's the same one still standing!!
Monday 8 April 2013 11.55am
Hi SE1 Forum,
We are your local fire station that covers nearly all of the SE1 area. We have taken to the forum to raise awareness about the plans to close Southwark Fire Station.
Wednesday 10 April 2013 11.06pm
Hi there!

This looks like a great forum for those who live in or frequent the SE1 area. I'm the latter.

Has anyone also been on Talk London?

Another exciting forum - this one's for talking about issues that affect the whole of London - it's an online community created by the Greater London Authority, so a good place to have your say.

Nice to virtually meet you all.
Tuesday 23 April 2013 8.56pm
I'm Suzy aged 43 and have lived in SE1 for nearly 7 years and I don't know anyone in the area! I also work in SE1 which is why I moved here. Just joined this site and find it interesting.
Current: 39 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions