London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 46
Thursday 23 November 2006 8.43pm
Hi,
I'm Mark - another neighbour of Jackie's. Please back me up Jackie! Tell them all I'm lovely.
Jac
Friday 24 November 2006 9.32am
Hi Kara and Mark. Welcome to the forum. We are all lovely here too (Well most of us most of the time) and look forward to you joining in on the various posts and maybe seeing you at one or two of our socials. If you want it's a great way to make new friends in the area.
Friday 24 November 2006 10.20am
Hi There,
My name is Laurie. I actually live in SE16 and have done so all my life with the exception of about 4 years in SE1. I am interested in all things going on in North Southwark, Rotherhithe and Bermondsey. I found the SE1 site whilst looking for articles on the Aylwin Judo Club where I am an instructor. (www.aylwinjudoclub.com)
Does anyone know if there are plans to expand the SE16 site alongside this one.

Regards.

Laurie.
Friday 24 November 2006 3.30pm
Mark is indeed lovely, and I look forward to meeting Kara and Laurie...make sure you tune into the Socials forum and come and meet us all.
Friday 24 November 2006 3.34pm
A big bunch of flowers are on their way Jackie.
Saturday 25 November 2006 6.48pm
Hi all,

I'm Barry and I moved to the area about a year ago (strictly speaking I'm SE11 but close enough to Waterloo to count hopefully!!). I've had a look around this extremely useful site on and off since then but have only just today looked at the forums.

Thought I'd drop in a say hello and maybe even grab a beer or two with you all at some point. The dinner club looks like a great idea....love to join in that if there's room for a newbie!!

Look forward to chatting with you soon,

B
Monday 27 November 2006 1.18pm
Hello
I'm long retired old lady .Do family History whisper (" the Geoghegans") Born in Walworth 1930's am interested in London from the River down to Camberwell (olde surrey).
Lived in the Elephant, East Street and Camberwell areas

Josi
Tuesday 5 December 2006 9.04am
Hi Josi- welcome to the lovely forum. I am a member of what is called the clique. This is a new title awarded to us some weeks ago. I take pride in being a Cliqist. Contrary to what many belief, the clique welcomes anybody wanting to join! We are good fun, proud of SE1 and very social.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 12.24am
Following on from Maurits's lead, I am also introducing myself via this thread, even though I am not new to the forum.

I have lived in Bermondsey since 1999, but my connectons to the area go back many, many years as one of my grandmothers came from this area, and I am also related to Charlie Chaplin, who was also raised round here.

I've been participating in this forum since 2002,and have been lucky enough to make some very good friends as a result. I can't sing the praises of this forum enough. If you are new to the forum and are at all put off by what you perceive as cliquiness, please persevere - most of the people who post regularly do so because they enjoy the sense of community this forum promotes, and welcome new blood, as it were. You get out of things what you put in.
Saturday 9 December 2006 3.30pm
hello.

my name's claire and i am a local architect working for a housing association. i live at the elephant and am interested in any discussions about the elephant regen project, local history, cycling, new places to eat and drink...

a nine storey building has just blocked my view of westminster but hey - that's urban living. i think.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions