London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 46 of 46
Monday 20 August 2018 10.53am
Hi, I'm new to the forums. My name is Rosie and I'm settled in London. Not from SE1, but the forum looks lovely so don't blame me :)
Friday 14 September 2018 1.08pm
Hi everyone! I'm Henny. I don't live in SE1 but I used to work near Tower Bridge and I do love this part of London so I try to visit whenever I can (weekends, school holidays, etc.). Keeping an eye on the forum in case there are nice places to check out the next time I'm in the area.
Tuesday 15 January 2019 4.04pm
Signed up but not sure what I'm doing yet. Hope to contribute when I get a feel of how this works. Nice looking site!
Tuesday 29 January 2019 6.42pm
Hi I used to live in Soutwark Fire Station from 50s to 1965. I would love to hear from anyone who was a tenant around that time. We were the Power family Maureen (me) Patrick and Michael. Does anyone know of a Monica Davis from Lant Street. She lived in victorian house opposite Charles Dickens school. She had a famous aunt who was a champion ballroom danger.
Wednesday 24 April 2019 4.15pm
Hi

My name is Tom and I've lived in Waterloo since 1982 so I suppose you could say I'm getting on a bit. I've been very lucky to have lived in one of the Coin Street c0-ops for the past 25 years (and in another one of the co-ops for 6 years before that). I'm also lucky to have a tiny garden but unfortunately I'm hopeless at gardening! We've had some good years in the past but our little borders and our balcony are desperately in need of some expertise! I don't mind putting in the work, digging where I'm told, cutting back, watering etc, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I know there are people in our area who would love to have a garden to tend. WOULD ANYBODY FANCY HELPING OUT IN MINE?! This could be on a paid basis or a bartering of skills basis - I'm pretty OK with computers for example.
I'd love to hear from anyone in the area. I think it's brilliant that we have this amazing community in our area, and maybe this is yet another way in which we can mutually benefit.
Wednesday 5 June 2019 12.29pm
Hi, my name is Angelica and I live on Union Street, I'm born and bred SE1, and my grandparents also.... My grandfather Joe boxed at The Ring and was well known in the area during the 1920s, my great great grandmother Nell Collins lived on Friar Street (now Webber Street) and was well known for being arrested on a regular basis - after a few gins - and being locked up in Stones End nick! My Great Grandfather, Jumbo, lived on Blackfriars Road in a house which was previously inhabited by Lady Hamilton..
Anyway... pleased to meet everyone :) and what a great website!
Current: 46 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions