London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 46
Thursday 14 December 2006 5.12pm
Join our Elephant Friends, Clare. www. Ourelephant.org.uk
Tuesday 19 December 2006 11.41pm
Hello All

been living in elephant for 5 years now, think its great.

Is anyone thinking of selling in Metro central anytime soon, or any other large flat near the tube? im a first tme buyer struggling to get on this ever increasing ladder!
Wednesday 20 December 2006 4.37pm
I've lived in the area now for over 6 years. Myself and my partner live in Bermondsey St he is Brit I'm Aussie, 2 gay guys having a good time..

I have got off my backside and registered only as I had my parents come and stay and needed the visitor info! All very good by the way, printed it off gave it to them with the Oyster card.. job done!
Thursday 21 December 2006 2.27pm
tonyone wrote:
Hello All
been living in elephant for 5 years now, think its great.

Is anyone thinking of selling in Metro central anytime soon, or any other large flat near the tube? im a first tme buyer struggling to get on this ever increasing ladder!

Tony, check out the metro central message board
http://www.metrocentralheights.com/phpBB2/ as people often place ads on there.

Also try Movingspace.com. They are based in Kennington and handle a lot of properties in Metro. We used them last year, although we eventually decided not to move. They are really great, friendly, professional and helpful and we will definitely use them when we move (hopefully next summer). No connection other than that!Also try googling Metro Central Heights.
Good luck!
Thursday 21 December 2006 2.56pm
Chesterton's on Tower bridge road is advertising a flat to buy in Metro Central Heights.
Tuesday 26 December 2006 4.48pm
Hello peeps! I am John from Toronto, Canada. I got a few friends in North London and I am planning to visit soon maybe to catch a Arsenal match at the Emirates Stadium. I am on here to learn more about the London ppl and see whats up with you all. When I come for a visit I am planning to do some clubbing, bar/pub hopping, etc. so if you got any suggestions then please pm and let me know. Anyways Londoners, hope to hear from you all soon. Cheers from Cana-DUH!
Wednesday 10 January 2007 5.43pm
Hello,

I just found this forum. Am trying to move to the area, but have not found a place yet. Got a call saying an offer has been accepted 15 minutes before my viewing today. Incredible...

Anyhow, glad to become a member of this forum and hopefully a SE1 resident soon :)
Thursday 11 January 2007 6.41am
You're doing the right thing, Yulia...this is a terrific place to live and getting better all the time.
Thursday 11 January 2007 5.09pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
You're doing the right thing, Yulia...this is a terrific place to live and getting better all the time.

it definately seems so, judging by the lack of flats for sale and the speed they are sold at haha

but seriously, i have been in the area about a million times by now and it has such a great atmosphere, plus all the galleries and little cafes are wonderful. I can't wait till I can finally move there
Tuesday 16 January 2007 12.23pm
Can i just ask, re the Blue Eyed Maid, what happens there on a Friday? I know Saturday is a house night, but I have heard of people going on a Friday, is it like St Christophers? Do you go up stairs?? Do you pay?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions