London SE1 community website

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 46
Monday 16 April 2007 1.16pm
Hi all,

We're Mr and Mrs D living in Stamford St area. The forum's been really helpful with moving and just getting to know the area better. Speak to you all soon

Cheers,
Vanessa
Monday 16 April 2007 4.07pm
Hey there. I just moved to the area, and I'm currently trying to avoid work.
Monday 16 April 2007 7.00pm
Good good, Omar and #Vanessa and sarie...come one come all!
Wednesday 18 April 2007 7.03pm
Welcome everybody. Do head over to the main London SE1 section of the forum as that is where most people actively post.
Jac
Monday 23 April 2007 5.37pm
And do head over to socials we are begining to plan another get together so its your chance to meet some of us in the flesh. A good way to make friends in the area. We ALWAYS like to see new faces and dont worry about spotting us we can work out some way of picking us out from the crowds.
Tuesday 24 April 2007 4.11am
Hello, my name is Sohko and I'm posting from Tokyo, Japan. I'm moving to the SE1 area this coming fall to attend graduate school. Reading this forum has been great, I feel totally relieved about moving to London! Thanks so much and I look forward to reading more about what SE1's got in store.
Tuesday 24 April 2007 4.24pm
See you in the Autumn sjfujimoto
Sunday 29 April 2007 11.41am
HI, VERY PLEASED TO HAVE FOUND THIS SITE.

I WAS BORN IN ST STEPHENS VICARAGE, OFF OF MANCIPLE STREET, MY GRANDFATHER WAS THE REV HENRY KIRKHAM.
NOW I KNOW THE CHURCH HAS BEEN PULLED DOWN AFTER THE DAVE CLARK FIVE MADE THE FILM CATCH US IF YOU CAN OR HAVING A WILD WEEKEND THE AMERICAN VERSION. AND THE VICARAGE IS STILL THERE, ALTHOUGH HAS BEEN SOLD OFF PRIVATELY.

I AM AFTER ANY PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE CHURCH OR ANY INFORMATION THAT ANYONE CAN GIVE ME.
ALSO, THE DAILY MIRROR IN 1963, 1964 OR 1965 DID A ARTICLE ON THE FILM, I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO GET A COPY OF THIS BUT NEED TO KNOW THE DATE OF THE PAPER, IT WAS AN ARTICLE INSIDE THE PAPER. IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANK YOU, ANN
Sunday 29 April 2007 12.29pm
Hello Ann - welcome to the forum.

I have put your message into its own thread where people can see it more easily:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/70066

Please try to avoid typing in ALL CAPITALS as it is difficult to read.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 30 April 2007 8.15am
Hello all,

I am new to SE1. I love it here! I don't understand how anyone, including myself, can afford to live here, but there ya go.

Lower Marsh is awesome--we got to watch them film a scene from The Bourne Ultimatum here, and there are plenty of cool shops on the street too.

I also love Harmsworth park (Imperial War Museum). So nice to have a big green space nearby.

I also love Indian food!!! I could eat it almost every night. LOL

It's great to be so close to the river too with all the exciting things to do and see in London.

This site is wonderful. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new friends here.

Fabulous!

Sincerely,

Firefly
Current: 8 of 46

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions