London SE1 community website

lemon grass

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 8 August 2007 3.59pm
i'll grass you up to alan tittymarsh for vegetable cruelty...:-)
Tuesday 7 October 2008 9.30pm
Fresh ones are definitely more intense in taste. I bought some (quite dry) from Sainsbury's (3/4 in a pack). I have to put all of them in the curry pot whilst only one is needed if I buy them fresh from Chinatown.

Wonder if everyone's lemon grass from last summer is still growing?
Wednesday 8 October 2008 8.40am
Mine died Kaptau, perhaps a heated room next time in pots?

Wonder where Hammerwrath gets his lemongrass online from?
Wednesday 8 October 2008 2.05pm
Lemongrass needs a warm and humid environment. How about growing it in your kitchen? My friend grows a lot of pak choy in Edgeware. It's amazing! She said it's really easy and watch out for the slugs that's all. I have to admit that I'm a no good gardener. Everything dies in my flat:-(

HammerWrath, where's your lemongrass from? Were they grown locally?
Friday 1 May 2009 6.01pm
Don't want to speak too soon, but the stalk I started off in a glass of water on the kitchen window (Sth facing), has now split into two small stalks after 3 weeks on the balcony (Nth facing).

It might not be all that difficult...

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 7.40am
I;ll have another bash Ivanhoe now you've reminded me..
Thursday 20 August 2015 9.54am
Reviving this old post, stuck some lemon grass into a pot plant in May , away for a fortnight came back yesterday, lo and behold fresh green leaves...am astonished!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions