London SE1 community website

Is this the first london-se1.co.uk wedding?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Monday 12 March 2007 10.38am
Awwww....

I'm thrilled to read this post. I'm a mad woman living in Ireland who loves London, and found this wonderful site many years ago. It was the first forum I ever joined - and I remember thinking 'The Lady Miss Jo Jo? That's an unusual name - because at that stage!', I didn't even understand the concept of 'usernames'.

How wonderful to think that this site has led to the forthcoming nuptials. I'm sure the cuppycake person realises that they are very lucky indeed!

Wishing all the best to the happy couple, and continued success and good wishes to everyone associated with this site. I am refer to London SE1 forum as an example of an amazing community venture - and have fond memories of all the people on here, who I regarded as friends, even though we never met.

Happy Wedding, TLMJJ!

Deirdre.

p.s. Will the event be on Podcast, or will I have to send a cheque to Mr Hatts to purchase the D.V.D.?
Monday 12 March 2007 10.42am
If anyone wants to send me some intriguing facts on how the happy couple met, their personalities or anything remotely related to it, I'll have a go at getting a short article out of it (that is unless James is doing that already).
Monday 12 March 2007 10.43am
duh for got the most important part - congratulations of course!
Monday 12 March 2007 10.55am
What a totally brilliant idea Tattie. I think an article about our wonderful Forum showing what a great community venture it is - even winding up in WEDDINGS may make other communities follow our example (not that that would be possible of course, no community compares to ours).
Monday 12 March 2007 11.06am
I've done a column on it quite some time ago(not the weddings though) for The Docklands. I'll see if I can dig it out.
Jac
Monday 12 March 2007 1.09pm
Congrats from all the jacs.
Monday 12 March 2007 1.22pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo wrote:
LOL - are you saying I looked like a slapper????

What about Chimneysweep. Or that young boy you used to flirt with and even arranged to on a blind date with, till you saw him with his friends and realised that it was cradle-snatching. (That was the story wasn't it?) I also thought I had spotted a certain fondness for Biscuit Boy. Though again that not seem to survive first meeting.

And Mapmaker had a bit of a crush on you.

All the more reason to celebrate your forthcoming respectibility. Even cyber-babes need a past.
Monday 12 March 2007 2.41pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo wrote:
I bought a tiara today. It's lovely. I am trying hard to resist the temptation to wear it round the house.
Having got married in August, I can confirm that I STILL wear my tiara around the house on occasion.
The best bit is when you try veils on- then you REALLY feel like a bride.
BTW, mine was not an SE1 wedding as such, but I did buy my flat because of this forum, and, if I hadn't been living here, I wouldn't have gone to the Dover Castle (I know, I know)one night, and met my fabulous, gorgeous husband, also from SE1.......
Does this count?
Monday 12 March 2007 10.38pm
Sarahmc, no, no, no, that's far too tenuous to claim the title of first london-se1.co.uk wedding. I refuse to let you have the title! I'll stamp and pout if you try!

I've done the veil thing already, and the sight of myself in full bridal regalia really made it hit home that I was getting married. I have to admit I did get a bit weepy because my grandad, who died 4 years ago, wouldn't be there to see me in my finery. Not that he'd have been impressed by it anyway - he'd have probably wondered out loud why I was getting married in white at my age!
Tuesday 13 March 2007 9.28pm
TLMJJ - can I just wish you and your fiance my belated congratualations, having failed to turn up to any social event for too long.

Rabbie
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions