London SE1 community website

Is this the first london-se1.co.uk wedding?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Tuesday 13 March 2007 9.33pm
sarah2 wrote:
She used to appear very available

TLMJJ - I'd sue Sarah for every penny she's worth for defamation of character. ;)

jackie rokotnitz wrote:
REALLY Maurits? I thought it was Mapmaker (boo hoo where IS he?)

I think he eloped with one of the lurkers.

[Would a romance conducted through the private medium of billets-doux sent through the privacy of the forum PMs count as an London-SE1 wedding???]
Tuesday 13 March 2007 11.24pm
Gosh, has such a thing occured? Has there been a wedding we knew not of??? Do you know something we dont know Rabbie??????
Tuesday 13 March 2007 11.31pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo wrote:
Sarahmc, no, no, no, that's far too tenuous to claim the title of first london-se1.co.uk wedding. I refuse to let you have the title! I'll stamp and pout if you try!
I've done the veil thing already, and the sight of myself in full bridal regalia really made it hit home that I was getting married. I have to admit I did get a bit weepy because my grandad, who died 4 years ago, wouldn't be there to see me in my finery. Not that he'd have been impressed by it anyway - he'd have probably wondered out loud why I was getting married in white at my age!
Hahaha, go on then, the title is yours.
When my best friend, who by her own admission is quite hard-hearted, saw me in the bridal shop, she actually shed a tear! I loved it!
Thursday 15 March 2007 3.33pm
sarahmc wrote:
When my best friend, who by her own admission is quite hard-hearted, saw me in the bridal shop, she actually shed a tear! I loved it!

hmmm, when my best friend and sister came frock shopping with me they instigated a scoring system to determine which dress was the greatest health and safty risk -( I have a staircase to get down before the aisle and am not known for my grace and balance), perhaps I should rethink the bridesmaids...

must stop talking weddings today and do some work!
Thursday 15 March 2007 3.38pm
Gosh, weddings all around...how sweet.
Thursday 15 March 2007 5.36pm
Hmmmm. I had to get up a very old and steep flight of steps outside the church- most important thing is getting the length of the dress right, and choosing shoes that you can walk in. Mine were very high, and later at the reception I had to put flip flops on underneath the dress in order to dance!

kirsty wrote:
sarahmc wrote:

hmmm, when my best friend and sister came frock shopping with me they instigated a scoring system to determine which dress was the greatest health and safty risk -( I have a staircase to get down before the aisle and am not known for my grace and balance), perhaps I should rethink the bridesmaids...

must stop talking weddings today and do some work!
Thursday 22 March 2007 10.27pm
]How things change

Once upon a time...

[JH: edited at the request of TLMJJ]
Thursday 22 March 2007 10.35pm
Brilliant!

Welcome back, Mapmaker!
Friday 23 March 2007 12.06am
Oh Mapmaker, you're back!

That's it, the wedding's off.

Please remove that link. It's so embarrassing.
Friday 23 March 2007 6.54am
We all knew that when TLMJJ decided she was getting married it was in desperation after Mapmaker just upped and disappeared. And not only disappeared...multiplied...we are all waiting to greet the new Mapmakers (and the teeny weeeny one).
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions