London SE1 community website

The Apprentice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 3 May 2007 11.53am
I find it hard to imagine that any of them have a decent job in real life - they are totally ridiculous. I remember in the first episode of this series, Jadine had a go at the boys in her team for not 'branding the eclipse coffee' and 'selling the eclipse lifestyle' or something. This was for a task when they would be selling coffee for 1 day. And never going back.

Do you think the kind of person who's willing to give up their job to go on this show is going to be someone who is already climbing the corporate ladder and earning a fortune?
Thursday 3 May 2007 1.47pm
How sweet of YOU Longlaner to think that Tre is a sweetheart in real life...I doubt it very much. He's an arrogant chippy a**h*le in my view.
Friday 4 May 2007 12.23am
I don't see any good in them especially when they open their mouth. I work with a group of internationally reknown professionals. They are very diplomatic and also down to earth. None of them behave like these people on tv.
Friday 4 May 2007 8.47am
Just to be clear: I don't think he's even remotely likely to be a sweetheart. He reminds me of the mobile phone salesman who, years ago, before mobiles were actually that widely used, said to me, "If you ain't got a connection, you ain't getting past the doorman". He seemed to think this was a very wise observation. He also seemed to think that "section" and "doorman" rhymed.
Jac
Friday 4 May 2007 12.06pm
What amazed me was pauls continual insistance that the cheese was top quality British produce. Too much Army food me thinks! and as for cooking sausages on a empty tin of baked beans!
Friday 4 May 2007 1.39pm
I am totally addicted to that programme... it's hilarious!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/videos/vid/99.html
Friday 4 May 2007 1.39pm
I don't think any of them really "stand out" yet to be honest.

If you look back on the earlier series then Saira Khan and James Max were clearly ahead of the others - it was obvious they'd make the final. James Max, in fact, only got called to the boardroom once in the whole series.
Friday 4 May 2007 2.22pm
I like the German version: "Sie haben frei" is a rather different sort of catchphrase from "You're fired"!
Friday 4 May 2007 2.23pm
Which may go a small part of the way to explaining why the show never caught on there.
Thursday 17 May 2007 2.17pm
Did you see it last night? Did ya, did ya?

Was the best shouting at the telly experience I've had in weeks!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions