London SE1 community website

100 years old

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 30 September 2008 9.56pm
If your going to name a donkey ,whats wrong with naming one on weston-super-mare beach ,lol its where i live now

DJM
Wednesday 1 October 2008 3.56pm
Well not actually on the beach

DJM
Monday 20 October 2008 11.56am
hi I'm new to this Forum but I,m very interested in people who may remember Queens Building Scovell Road 16th Oct 1940 my Mum and Dad lived at 125 Scovell Rd with other family (Nan and Grandad) living above. I was evacuated at the time with my brother at St.Ives Cambridge. He came around to where I was builited and told me to come to the station with him as he was going home. Just as he was getting on the train he Said I dont Know when I'll be back co's all the family have been bombed out and no one can be found they think they are all dead I was six and cryed all the way back
They did find them I was told they were all in the shelter under the buildings and were dug out except for my uncle he died when the bomb dropped. I have other stories of this time but wonder if there is some one like this 100 year old lady who knows more
jim in Australia
Tuesday 21 October 2008 6.06am
Gosh Banksy, a real piece of history!
Thursday 23 October 2008 1.14pm
Anyone got any Ideas where I may get any thing about the raid on Queens Blds 16th oct 1940 I'v read "the Story Of the Borough" but would love to get some more
maybe someone out there has a photo of the north end of the Buildings after it was bombed. on the side of the Building that was left standing, there was a big hole about the size of a car, that was our front room
wall It would not happen today but Mum told me to go up and see if I could find any of our things when I got up there I was in the passage when a copper came in he thought I was stealing and smacked me around the head all the way down the stairs with his gloves
untill I fell out into the road
AHH! the good old fashioned Copper
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions