London SE1 community website

Baby P

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 21 November 2008 7.56am
I know Sandy and I agree with you, but what about the 15 year old who lived there and witnessed the finger cutting/pulling out nail bit? did she tell her dad who only repeated it after the event..last night I saw a report of a nine month old babe who was reported as being abused but someone went to the police, so hopefully this tragic case of the babe with no name triggered off some thought about the consequences of turning a blind eye.

I do not believe in violence, and have a fairly placid nature, but cases like this bring out a revengeful beast in me. and if any one hurt my children,grand-children,great grandchildren I would swing for them!
Friday 21 November 2008 2.17pm
Indeed! What so called 'friends' and even 'family', people these days are very selfish. Everything is a burden to them including taking your own grandson in or even making a phonecall to the police (even if it means they may not take it seriously)! Recently, my friend of 15 years did not even offer to pick me up from the hospital as I will be sedated following a procedure. She never once offered to help me despite the fact that we are close friends. After all these years, I really wonder if I've been simply stupid. She knew I have no family here. I know how tough it is to be on your own especially when you are ill or in trouble, you got no one to call for help. I'm used to it now after so many years here. There were times I told my mum that I would wish that she has taught me to be a selfish person. I wouldn't have been that disappointed at times. But my mum said, 'you should never change because of others. By becoming them, you would hate yourself and that would be worse'.

As for those who now moans to the media about what they saw or heard when Baby P was alive, but chose not to raise the alarm, they ARE the accomplices and are just as guilty as the murderers.
Sunday 23 November 2008 4.04pm
kaptau- are you sorted out for your hospital appointment or do you still need help?
Sunday 23 November 2008 7.29pm
SandayPandy, I'm okay now as I found someone who will pick me up next Tuesday. The doctor did mention that if I haven't got anyone to pick me up, they need to book me a bed early as they are very short of bed. I really didn't want to take up the bed space knowing that a lot of people with heart and respiratory condition are likely to need it more than someone like me. Thank you for asking and it's really sweet. If you ever fancy a real home cook Chinese meal, let me know. That goes to Jan the old one too.
Friday 19 December 2008 9.49pm
Kaptau,
I'm really sorry that I haven't replied to you sooner,it was so long ago that you sent me that extremely kind invitation and you must think that I'm very rude.I really don't deserve such a treat !
So glad that you were sorted out for the day.I managed to break two fingers just after I wrote to you and was in no fit state to be of any help in the end !
Tuesday 23 December 2008 11.44pm
Hi SandyPandy. Hope your are fingers are having a speedy recovery. Many thanks for your kind reply.
Merry X'mas :-)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions