London SE1 community website

On or off topic.........

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 6 December 2005 2.59pm
Niall Connolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> phoney
>
> Google it!
>
> Regards
>
> Niall (whose home is where his heart is)

From Googling, as instructed:

"Niall Connolly at first insisted that his real name was David Bracken, which was in his false Irish passport, adding that he was 37 and that he lived with a woman called Mary."

Curiouser and curiouser...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 6 December 2005 3.00pm by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Tuesday 6 December 2005 4.06pm
Spooky!

Regards zcars (who believes he actually is Niall Connolly)
Tuesday 6 December 2005 5.03pm
I was just going to say "Has Cathy got anything to add on this subject?", but I realised it would be off topic.

Sorry.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 6 December 2005 5.18pm
Now Cadbury's swear blind that they have not changed the recipe for topic. Would that be on or off topic?
Tuesday 6 December 2005 5.27pm
This is all a conspiracy to move this thread 'off topic' onto the subject of whether or not I am me or if Cadbury have changed their recipe.

How about all you doubters PM me for a contact number and you are all invited to my place for tea and cake (no smokers or stiletto shoes, dogphobes will have to stay on the pavement). Then you can make up your own minds, whilst telling me who you really are.

Regards

Niall Connolly (for it is he)

Tuesday 13 December 2005 8.49am
Back on-topic? What was the topic?

I'm with Sidhe. I am pretty computer illiterate and for a stage had registered the whole of my real name to the Forum. I did not mind people on the forum knowing who I was. TLMJJ pointed out that even if I was to use a false name peoplen would spot my writing (ranting?) style. However like many people I like to keep various bits of my life seperate. And like others try to take care to hold back from posting on threads which stray into areas which might overlap with my day job, and using my home log in for anything that might be deemed controversial.

I know that others, who have, say, been outed by their Resident's Associations or the like, who now find it harder to post.

I also agree with James that there is a danger of the Forum appearing cliquey. I joned the Forum initially as a way of progressing a political battle to secure the future of the areas largest park, so was not too bothered. But I have been surprised at how often people have said that they felt intimidated by some of the regulars. I am pretty amazed by how bright and knowledgable many posters are, and this is one of the really good things about the site. But also enjoy the diversity that anonimity brings. (Well its not that diverse in that the average poster is whilte and middle class and of indeterminate sex.) MIxing the views and knowledge of people who have lived here a long time with new residents is a real strength.

As for cyclists......my particular grip are those rut thingies on pavements which are designed to deter cyclists, but wake sleeping babies in buggies.

And Niall, can I come to tea......We can compare regeneration experiences, though you might get a rant about Waterloo "community led" regeration.
Tuesday 13 December 2005 11.13pm
Sarah2

Tea? Definitely. Buns? Absolutely (from 'Paul' st London Bridge). How about this week? I'm available. Make it sooner than later. Swap PMs?

Niall
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions