London SE1 community website

Right hand side of page....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 10 February 2006 6.08pm
phoney wrote:
If you don't come across the orange you must be bypassing the Home Page and entering by the forum page.
Not very polite considering how much effort is made compiling the news etc;

Not necessarily. I do not see the orange at work (where we have some kind of automatic snazzy popup and image blocker) even if I come in through the home page. Luckily order is restored when I access at home.
Friday 10 February 2006 6.22pm
How odd - the orange bars on the front page involve neither pop-ups nor images...

It could be a case of a cached version of the stylesheet, I suppose.

Do the section headings on the front page show up as large dark blue text for you, Siduhe? Or do they vanish completely?

I must admit that I've not tested the most recent tweaks on IE for Windows (only Firefox and Safari on a Mac).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 February 2006 8.51pm
I'm afraid the home page is boringly orange-free, and I'm looking at it from home (IE 6.0 for Windows).
Saturday 11 February 2006 10.03am
Are there any section headings in the middle bit of the front page?

eg Local News, Forum, Features etc?

If so, what colour are they?

Thanks

Saturday 11 February 2006 5.58pm
Yes, and they are scarlet red - the same colour as SE1 in LondonSE1 at the top left.
Anonymous User
Sunday 12 February 2006 9.11am
James, the third column on the right hand side is sitting on top of the posts now - is this just me?
Sunday 12 February 2006 10.30am
You might need to press refresh a few times for the updated stylesheet to kick in

Sunday 12 February 2006 2.42pm
James Hatts wrote:
Do the section headings on the front page show up as large dark blue text for you, Siduhe? Or do they vanish completely?

They show as blank image boxes (the kind with a little red cross in them when the image won't load) but are perfectly clickable. Not you / this site - definitely our browsing thing at work - the same thing happens with most [vaguely interesting] sites.
Anonymous User
Sunday 12 February 2006 11.02pm
Much better! Thanks James
Monday 13 February 2006 12.27pm
so does you signature Siduhe - just a square box with a red cross
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions